• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help for Michaelle's Nissan

Andy Steiner

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Some of you may know, but most don't that Michaelle and I have split up. She moved out about a year ago and we're starting the divorce procedure. I still care deeply about her and want nothing but the best for her. We're still close and remain friends.

She's currently living in Wildomar. She recently had some maintenance done at the dealer on her car to the tune of $800. I think they saw her coming.

She has a 2006 Nissan Altima. The dealer told her she needs a brake job. O need some help for her so that she doesn't get shafted again.

A. A good mechanic in her area.

B. Somebody that can go inspect her car and determine if she does indeed need brakes now.

Are any of you guys here on NAXJA, Nissan familiar enough to do a brake job for her?

Please email me at [email protected] or call me at seven oh two - three seven three - seven four five three.

Thank you if you can help.

I'm not sure if this is still the case, but when I had my 2004 Nissan Titan brakes were a major issue for me. Not because I didn't know how to work on them, but I couldn't get parts for them. Every parts place I went to like autozone, pepboys, etc. didn't carry Nissan brake pads. I'm not even referring to the factory pads, I talking about ANY style of aftermarket pads. It also didn't help that the rotors and pads on the Titan were WAAAYYYY too small for that big of a truck and I went through pads every couple months. The only place I could get pads, rotors, etc. were from the dealership and they rapped me everytime with their horrible parts costs. Maybe things have changed since then. It's one of the main reasons I sold my truck and will never buy a Nissan again. I wish I could help you but my mechanical skills are limited. I have the ability to swap rotors and pads, but I have zero skills in trouble shooting brake issues. Good luck.

we had a frontier and an armada and both had brake issues.. but 800 bucks is real steap... i did them in the drive way for 40 bucks....

Have her bring it in to Capo Ford, I will hook her up with Employee pricing and can use aftermarket parts if you want.

X2 for Capo Ford! I don't work there but I do bring my Mustang there, I have been to EVERY dealership in the area and they are the only ones that are allowed to touch my car.

Andy, I am in the area and I would be glad to help her. Please have her call me at (951) 225-5551. I will check her car out for free and do a brake job if needed for $40 or less (depending how much work is needed, if it only needs new pads I will work for a 6 pack of Newcastle).

Back