• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Help Fast, Im in BIG trouble here!!

Well, the floor jack trick only works when the track bars and stuff are all connected up and the axle acts like a beam. On the lifts I've done which have never been over 4 inches [spring and spacer] we have never disconnected anything other than the shocks, brake line and that little retainer, spring falls out, put in new one, reconnect shock, floor jack under that side and jack it up, other side falls out. As for the spring compressors, holy water maybe if they are twisted and borderline holding with the hooks. I I've not alot of experience with disassembling front ends on XJ's. I'm more at home with tracked vehicles and M151's. I would seriously see if you can get one of the NAXJA people or some other 4x4 club you are familiar with to come over and give you a hand. It's not worth getting hurt over, this stuff is supposed to be fun and enjoyable.

Fix the coil compressor monster garage style.

Stand way back and start whackin it with a big pole!

:D

DISCLAIMER: Dont do this, unless you want to do it monster garage style.

Any LA members available to help me?? Please give me a ring 310 721 8896. Im in santa monica/venice area. The 3" coils are yours if you can get the other ones in!!! Thanks! Jeremy

Back