• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need good jeans

yeah, and you are either losing your balance or face first in a door with everyone wondering what the hell is wrong with you.

Been there :banghead:

I ordered some jeans from Duluth Trading Co. the other night. They reinforce the waistband, pockets and hems with fire hose canvas and have extra space in the crotch that they refer to as "Ballroom" construction...:D We'll see how those do, and I'll probably try a couple others from this thread once my taxes come back.

I was getting ready to recommend those. I have a Duluth fire hose coat and a pair of fleece lined jeans and I love them.

I tend to snag pockets on my coveralls, lots of sheet metal / tool boxes / commercial door pulls. No belt loop issues yet. Bang my shoulder into lots of door frames. I think when I filled out at 19 or so I never got used to the extra width.
I still vote for Carhartt.

I'm guessing you're about 6'2"? 280 to 300 lbs or so?

I wear the same size. I think it's BS that it's ok to be short and fat but not tall and fat. Stay away from the big and fat stores. Their brands are crap.
Schmidts from Tractor Supply will last a long time but they are saggy as crap. Look like a baby with a full diaper hanging down in the back all the time.

The Faded Glory I've had have done a nice job.

And for whatever reason whatever 'rental pants' I've had from uniform suppliers at work (steel mill, trucking and construction) have worked well too.

BUT as of late, I've made the jump to cargo pants and haven't looked back.

If you don't HAVE to have jeans take a look at Proper uniform cargos and 5.11 uniform cargos. You can find them at www.galls.com. The Propers fit right, have elastic in the waist band (they are a tactical pant) and are tough as nails. 5.11 is THE name in fire, police and EMS uniforms. Can't go wrong there either.

I have a pair of ripstop material Wrangler Cargo's I got from Wally World that are really nice.
6'2" 270, working on trimming back down some, but I'll probably never get below a 40 again...Even at 170 lbs (HS graduation and boot camp) I wore a 34" waist when most people with similar builds were around a 30-32.

Out here, I haven't to deal with storm doors much. That and the previous owner of my house used all sliders...:dunno: However, the back pocket went on a short spree where it loved to catch the door latch on the Jeep as I got in.

Got my Duluth jeans a couple days ago. Pretty good fit and construction. I like the key ring loop and the fact they have utility pockets and hammer loops on both legs. Only complaint so far is the button head pulled off the shaft once. Pressed it back on with some pliers and no further problems.

Back