• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need experience/opinions on different fans

scorpio_vette

NAXJA Forum User
Personally, I would go with the big blade type as the blades flex in a smooth way reducing noise a little bit, plus more airflow at low rpms with the bigger blades.

Do a search on here for the Ford Taurus fan upgrade. Its only $40 from the junk yard and it pulls more air than any aftermarket electric fan out there.

The donor needs to be the biggest V6 from a Mid-90s Ford Taurus or Mercury Sable. Its 18" in diameter, and has two speeds.

I did this mod and it works wonderfully.
I can stick a magazine to my grille.

Only one problem, They don't make a mechanical flex fan to fit your XJ. The one listed to fit won't. Think I may be BSing you? go outside and measure the diameter of the fan you want to replace, then check the diameter of the fan they want to sell you.

I originally wanted to go this route but found NO options except stock mech fan or dual/triple e-fan.

Back