• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a little spending help...

XJsurf

NAXJA Forum User
figure since money will be mentioned I would stick with this section. It's that time of the year where a little of the tax return gets put into the heep. So I want to upgrade my shocks and I haven't had the time to do the measurements so could any one give me a hand. My rig sits around a little over 5", I'm not trying to break the bank but want a good shock for the buck. Thinking of either the RE Monotubes or a set of Bilsteins. Pro or cons anyone? For the Bilsteins, anyone know the measurements off the top of their head for this setup? Also this is my daily driver as much my toy.

definitely bilsteins, the RE monotube are around the same price but not as good. get the 5100's, cheap and an awesome shock. for a 5-6" lift here are the part numbers for the 5100's.

BE5-A940-H5 for the front
BE5-F166-H0 for the rear

what valving are you guys running on your 5100's? a friends mj has 5100's up front, and they just arent valved right, the front floats side to side waay too much =\

5100's are only very slightly cheaper then 5150's.... havent priced em lately, but knowing how 'temporary' shocks become more permanent then youd originally think... i'd go 5150 =)

or, spend twice as much on some american hardware! screw ze germans!

I can spend with the best of them, I just spent 5600 in less than a week.

Now these days it sees more street driving, the shocks were from the original 3.5" lift. Offroad wise trails and sand, nothing to extreme for now.

Paul I take it you got rid of the Cherokee and now have a wrangler. What did you wind up getting. Oh by the way sorry about a couple weeks ago, one of my dogs caught sick. I still need to come over and swap out my pitman arm. I thinking about upgrading to the durango steering box at the same time though. Could make out for an interesting weekend with all the spending going on.

Back