• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NC cop driving in SC brake checks driver!

Wow, I bet that guy doesn't have a job anymore. That was ridiculous .....

IDK man...that seems kind of fishy to me. Like, who is really going to tailgate a cop on the highway.

Hey, I've been there.

Either way. The cop is an idiot... he made an effort to cut him off.

And do damage to a taxpayers personal vehicle with a vehicle paid for by taxpayers....

Shouldn't have been in the left lane if he wasn't passing ... It's the passing lane, not the "fast" lane.

"Culpepper tells a different story of a man being suckered into an incident with a man who has a history of recording officers while he drives the highways of the Charleston area.
Culpepper told ABC affiliate in Jacksonville, N.C., WWAY, that he was baited by Walton.

"I fell for it hook, line and sinker," Culpepper told WWAY by phone Wednesday.

Law enforcement sources in South Carolina tell WWAY they have had frequent encounters with Walton, who they say often drives around recording video of law enforcement officers trying to catch them in bad situations."

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/21731404/video-shows-collision-with-cop-on-526

Stupid all around...

They're both idiots.

The guy should have never been following that closely. Not a safe distance in any conditions.

The cop shouldn't have brake checked either- that's escalating the first guy's stupidity and risking everyone's safety.

"I fell for it hook, line and sinker," Culpepper told WWAY by phone Wednesday.
Fell for it? He was hogging the left lane, which is for passing, not sitting next to the car in the right lane. The cop wasn't passing anyone. Then he had an incident of road rage.
often drives around recording video of law enforcement officers trying to catch them in bad situations."
Whats wrong with that? Someone needs to keep bad cops in check.

While he was riding him close the cop should not have been hogging the passing lane like that and should have passed the car in the right lane and then gotten over. They should know what the left lane is for.

I had a similar incident with some jackass. Don't remember what state, but lets say I was in VA and the car had WV tags. Same thing.. asshole hogging the left lane. I did not tailgate, but flashed my lights several times and received two brake checks. There was plenty of room/time for the car to move out of the left lane, which it did not. I passed on the right and as I passed the asshole flashed a badge at me. I saluted him and took off.

Fell for it? He was hogging the left lane, which is for passing, not sitting next to the car in the right lane. The cop wasn't passing anyone. Then he had an incident of road rage.
Whats wrong with that? Someone needs to keep bad cops in check.

The dude also passes in the far right lane, and looks to be speeding while he does it, considering that the article states they were going just under the limit while he was following the cop initially. I have no idea about SC, but passing on the right is illegal in the Northeast.

I think they both should be punished, but the guy filming should get it way worse. The whole incident never occurs if this habitual offender doesn't drive like a jackass. Furthermore, he's clearly dumb enough to record multiple traffic offenses on film.

retard-on-retard crime right there.

Pass on the right or stay stuck behind some asshole that refuses to move? Hard decision there.

If I'm recording it in an attempt to get a cop in trouble, I'd probably back off and wait until he gets out of the way instead of making a couple potentially illegal moves on film.

Then again, I'm not some mouthbreather from SC with nothing better to do than harass people.

Back