• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Southeast Chapter Elections - 2016

UNCC_99XJ

Twisted Up
NAXJA Member
Nominations will start Nov 1st, 2016 for the SEC Elections.

The positions up for election this year will be the President, Vice President, and Treasurer, currently held by the following people:

President: Tim 'UNCC_99XJ' Nolan 1/1/2015 - 12/31/2016
Vice President: Andy 'Lowrange2' Bagwell 1/1/2015 - 12/31/2016
Treasurer: Dirk 'Cottontail' DeYoung 1/1/2015 - 12/31/2016

Those elected will take office on January 1st, 2017. Do not start nominations in this thread. Separate threads will be started on Nov 1st. Please post in this thread if you have any questions.

Please note that you must have been a member for a year to run for office.

Thank you all for your past, present, and future support of the Southeast Chapter!

So is anyone interested in running for anything at all???

Been pretty quiet in the nomination threads.

Let's not let the SEC go the way of the Arizona Chapter!!

No one else wants to step up and make a bid?

Automatic win if you run unopposed right?

Nope. Abstain could still win.

I've lost all my mojo...........

Not that I'd have a chance to win but I'm too far away from everyone else to consider running for any of the offices.

Abstain is used incorrectly around here. When I was the recorder, I simply listed the same person twice if they were running unopposed. Abstain is not a vote that identifies that you don't like the candidate, it's a vote by a member if they have a conflict that would prevent an unbiased vote for the issue at hand.

If you don't want to vote for the person, then you don't vote. Which in the case of a board or council would end up as a voting member being absent.

An unopposed election cannot result in a person not being elected as long as they receive one vote regardless of how many people are absent. But abstain is not supposed to be an option for the election of candidates.

Back