• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA Rig of the Month!

What the heck are you talking about? :)
88xj-007.jpg

Recent real pics are HERE.

laughabove.gif
is that me in the background?? It looks like me... where is that?

RyanSullivan said:
laughabove.gif
is that me in the background?? It looks like me... where is that?

No that is Alex aka Handlebars. It was taken at the top of the Gold Bar Rim Trail in Moab same as the other photo Alex posted.

Wow... that looks just like Ryan's jeep :) I was really surprised though cause I didn't remember any spots like that in SoCal and he hasn't had his lift that long.....

Remi aka Kejtar

Kejtar said:
??? Everyone has to have an equal chance..... so everyone can email at 8am and if if it gets in late, try again next month :) The original time was going to be midnight PST but that would be favouring the west coasters over east coasters......

The 6 limitaion is due to the poll number limitation on the forum.....

Remi aka Kejtar

Sorry I think it should be done different. It kinda favors the tweekers that have nothing better to do than be online all the time. :rolleyes: I would take photos submitted for a day and have someone choose six if that is the limit. Maybe even just a member focus and go down the list.

MJR,
that is a valid point... but the issue is that if those pics are chosen by one person.. it becomes "that person's choice of six rigs"... The way it's planned for at the momment, allows for more variety. I was thinking about doing a random pick but then again people would ask about why not mine and so on...

So for now, those are the rules. If this thing takes off, and there is enough interest, we might come up with a commitee or something like that to go through submissions and choose couple for the listing and then go with that to choose one of the 6...

But as I said, lets keep things simple for now, this is as fair and impartial as I can make it :)

Kejtar
P.S. People keep the suggestions going... and sharpen your "send buttons" to send it out at 8 sharp :)......

Why not just do a quick re-write of the software to allow more than 6 choices ? :)

It would only take a few min, and you could then run 500 choices if you wanted to...

Just a thought...

** Spoke too soon, no reason to rewrite software, its an option in the admin control panel. Just set the # to 0 or 100 or whatnot... In the polls subsection of the general options.

Jason

Last edited:
Right, but that is site wide. 6 choices on a normal poll is fine.

Just give it a try as is. Kejtar wants to see if there is interest in the idea. If it takes off, then we can look at other ways to do it.

Kejtar said:
So for now, those are the rules. If this thing takes off, and there is enough interest, we might come up with a commitee or something like that to go through submissions and choose couple for the listing and then go with that to choose one of the 6...

But as I said, lets keep things simple for now, this is as fair and impartial as I can make it :)

Kejtar

Why then just use the first six as you said but allow more submissions and go down the list 6 at a time ?. This way it isn't first six after 8am and trash the rest. It's as fair as it gets that way and we do not need another committee. I realize the tweekers :eek: won't be happy but oh well. :cool:

From what I have seen on the web, almost everyone does something similar. The mechanics might be different but in the end result, they post about 6 to 10 pics and let peopel vote on them..... Making it multiple posts with multiple polls then we would have to have winners of polls against winners of polls... oh. I already have a headache LOL

I will take your suggestion though and think about it and as the Rig of the Month program goes on, I know that the rules will be getting more refined.....

Remi aka Kejtar

Kejtar said:
From what I have seen on the web, almost everyone does something similar. The mechanics might be different but in the end result, they post about 6 to 10 pics and let peopel vote on them..... Making it multiple posts with multiple polls then we would have to have winners of polls against winners of polls...

Remi aka Kejtar

I am not suggesting multiple posts just a FAIR way to insure everyone gets a chance without playing beat the clock. Then one could set a time frame for people on resubmitting ones that didn't win once based on submissions.

That was the Pancake Rock run in Jamul. I'd be up for doing it again if anyone wants to.
Kejtar said:
Grasshopper.. where was that shot taken?

Kejtar

Oh... I get it... sorry.. it's been a really really long day.....

Well, that's a good idea, but the potential problem is that we might end up with a loooong wait list... I guess the biggest test will be how this month goes (On Fri... pics will come in LOL) and I will then see how things go :)

Remi aka Kejtar

Kejtar said:
Well, that's a good idea, but the potential problem is that we might end up with a loooong wait list

Remi aka Kejtar

Just like the magazines. I didn't see if it was for members or everyone.

Back