• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA March Membership Drive 2017

That graphic shows what the current cumulative number was at the end of February on the left, correct?

Naw, give me free stuff to sell to Matt! :cheers: I'm back in the red (in more than one way)

Just spit balling here, but does our chapter have any extra funds? Could we scrounge up some money to pay for a few memberships? Maybe give them to the person that has been around the longest without being a red letter or the member that has the most current posts but is still not a red letter. Or a long standing member that has fallen on hard times.

I know with the current discussion in the other thread, talking about chapter money is kinda taboo, but what the heck. Sure, we are robbing Peter to pay Paul, but it we could win this silly contest.

I was going to suggest sponsoring a black letter member who contributes much here, and in the tech forums, but he found $35 this year. :)

Do you have any candidates Matt?

I have an idea, but don't want to name them publicly. Most folks here are too proud to accept charity so I think it would only work on the back channel. Maybe members could pm the BOD with suggestions, bod could select and notify the member. That way the selected member could accept the gift and keep their dignity.

After DJ's post, maybe interested members here should form the "Colorado Chapter Benevolent Association." Instead of the BOD doing this, "The Association" could work quietly in the background.

The first question is who, the second question is how.

I like that Mike! I'm sure the bod doesn't need anymore stuff on their plate. I'd be willing to help out.

Meanwhile, I'm waiting to hear back from membership on how to gift a membership anonymously as I've been asked to make this happen. :)

All right, I'm now renewed through 20. If this thing lasts that long, I'll be surprised. I've paid for 21 years of official membership, plus some more keeping it alive on the internet before NAXJA. I've never been a huge fan of NAXJA, too bureaucratic which attracts the large meaningless egos that inhabit bureaucracies, and which, I, as an anarchist, don't get along with too well. Anywho, I really do want to win the CO2 tank. :)

Back