• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA iPad app?

Doc Holliday

NAXJA Forum User
Has this been discussed before? Anyone have the know how? I know I access NAXJA just as much or more from my iPad as from my PC. I would be willing to pay for it if it helped earn a little extra money for site upkeep, keeping trails open and whatever else they could do with the money.

Damn good idea. I'm interested too... Anyone planning to create this?

it has been brought up, yes. most likely tanked due to nobody willing or able to put in the time to write us an app.

we are however tapatalk enabled for club members.

Well, I'm looking into it. Never done anything like this before, but I got some friends that would know about it. Crappy thing is Apple requires you to have a Mac to program, which I dont have.

I'm in the navy and I get extremely board underway lol. Even if it was a free app I like the idea, so I am looking into it ton see what all is involved to do something like that.

My son designs APPS for Droid and iPhone. He doesn't work for free though!

If NAXJA is willing to pay he can do it for us. Just PM me and I will get both parties in communication with one another.

My son designs APPS for Droid and iPhone. He doesn't work for free though!

If NAXJA is willing to pay he can do it for us. Just PM me and I will get both parties in communication with one another.

Not offical or anything, will you ask him what it normally goes for to do something like that?

Don't know about iPhone but I can always bring up the site on my android

Apple sucks anyways

on my iPad, I pull up the full site. On my iPhone, I use TapaTalk - Especially for quick browsing to check for any responses on threads I've posted. TapaTalk is a pretty good app, tho to view the pics you have to select them, and you can only flip thru whatevers on a post. So in threads where somebody makes several posts w/ pics in them, it can get annoying.. minor pet peeve tho :) Personally, I like the layout & feel of the website as is, better than TapaTalk's stripped down version.

How about setting your browser's home page to the naxja forums.. and VOILA! you have have "app"

Have to add - since Tapatalk Just updated (for iOS atleast?). Now when you view an image, you can flip thru All the images now, rather than just those in an individual post. Can't speak as to if this is true to multiple pages. Which, btw there are many many more posts shown per page, than on the forums. (4 pages on forums vs 1 page on Tapatalk, per a thread I just read).

Hope this helps.

I do not see NAXJA paying for an app for iphones, ipads, droids, etc... anytime soon.

Back