• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Naxja High...

yhateanxj?

NAXJA Forum User
I read alot on this forum, wealth of knowledge and some very helpful people. For the most part, stuff I read is great, how to's, trip reports, random b.s etc... In my readings, I have also noticed a great deal of cross board banter, and negativity headed by a select few. Now I myself am just an outside observer, only mildly grasping what is said. With research, I delve into understanding why one states what they do. Its a large amount of he said, she said, one disagreeing with others actions, or comments etc... In that, it seems some just can't let go of certain things, stuck in the past, feeding off of drama, commenting just to stir the pot due to feelings of wrong doing or disrespect.

Ah, yes, I do remember the childish days of highschool, petty arguments and quarrels over the most mundane stuff. What did I, in my semi-maturish highschool state do, when drama arose? I avoided those people, stayed away from where they hung out, or I, as a highschool kid, confronted the issue with tact. Approached said person, privately, and helped to deter any further negativity. Whether it was me who they had the issue with, or another, I knew we all would run into another at some point, and attempted to reduce any further issue. Not always did it work, there were times when people were so petty, that nothing ever was resolved. But more often than not, keeping my own simple minded comments to myself worked.

Now, in highschool/middle school, none of us had a common ground to stand amongst. We were there out of needing to be. Here, we all have a common ground in which we ALL stand on, those here have made a choice, on their own, to be here. We are an Off road community as a whole, all striving for the same principle and goals, whether toyota, jeep, ford, quads bikes, hikers, fisherman, hunters etc... all of us have one great thing in common...Preserving the integrity of our sport, our land, our water, for future generations to be able to step into. My 9 year old holds more respect than some on here, and that's sad, that as adults, some just can't act like one regardless. Segregating ourselves whether individually or group oriented, is the farthest thing from progression for naxja, or our sport as a whole. Not everyone will always get along, but no one is forcing anyone to be here, or to leave. You don't like someone, or what they stand for, avoid em, pretty simple. No one is forcing anyone to read a certain thread, no one is forcing someone to click that link.

Its not like school, where you are forced to be in same class or school as one you may not like. We have choices on where to go, what to do, how to react. Granted, I too have a choice to be here, to not click. But it seems no matter where you look, that negative, regressive comments are made, thats seems to be un-avoidable. I'd just like to See this place united, not split, as the latter pulls this place apart. This is an adult world we are a part of now, grow the f**k up,and act like the adults we are. You're not in school anymore, act like it... I know I graduated, grew up, and moved on with my life.

Boy, seems like you're still pretty attached to highschool to me. I'll chime in by saying that I've noticed sort of an unspoken cooling off in this chapter's messages lately, and not only do I welcome it, I intend to do my part not to stir up drama. I've been guilty of it, and now recognize the consequences. To any of you I've offended, I apologize.
That said, I wish this topic would have been broached in a more articulate, less inflammatory way, and you're now just as guilty as any of us.
I'd like to count this thread as beginning clean slates for everyone in the chapter, including you.

I'm still attached to highschool because I expressed a concern over an issue I see all to often here? I was merely pointing out the fact that these are adults here, acting upon emotion, not intellect. You're (paddler) opinions are just that, yours, I may not like em, but I respect them. If I didn't, we could be awesome and go back and forth being petty, and bring this place down another notch. If there's an issue with some here, avoid those people, don't respond with snide remarks because its cool or whatever. Like I said, I don't know the full story behind alot of drama here. What I do know, a place like this that is supposed to bring us together, shouldn't push us further apart. These kind of negative remarks are what may cause the coolest person you may ever meet to not go to an event or run because they don't want to get caught up in drama. In that it may also keep people from joining due to lack of maturit.

This post was very direct and articulate, I used the highschool euphonysm subjectively,to best describe what I see occurring. Not many vessels are as accurate in explaining what I see occurring here as highscool-esque. Inflammatory, maybe a little to strong, but the repetition of these actions are very bothersome and degrading to naxja. I personally try to move on in life and not dwell in the past, but some don't. We are a large community whether naxja, pnw, pirate, just wheeln, whatever it is, and negativity only stands in the way of the progressive stance these places strive for. When you have a sport you love, and a place you like to go to, to b.s, read or get help, it really sucks to see the drama and negativity take away the luster a thread may have had without. Ive seen this in the past here before, and the clean slate only lasts so long. Maybe we all can move forward as a community, and not a segregated society.

Last edited:
I'm impressed, Not to long ago this tread would have blown up! Would have got way out of hand and been shut down by now. But it's not over yet.

Treat others as you want to be treated, Respect the unknown within people, Your word is your bond, (as a man, if you don't have your word, you don't have shiz) Do what you say you going to do, Don't say your going to do something if you know you cannot or will not, show courtesy for everyone you meet.

These are some of the things my daddy taught me while growing up. These have helped me steer through the hardest of times, and helped me with the MOST difficult of decision making (granted im not perfect).

the same CANNOT be said for the NWC, I don't know why, but its like pulling teeth around here.

you know people got things to say, here in the NWC. more often than not, the reality is keep it off of front street. "Perception is reality" I was once told by a wise man. It still holds true.

if 9 out of 10 people look at a pile of roses on the sidewalk, 9 of them say "look at them tulips" Those roses, are no longer roses. They are now tulips. Why you ask. Because 9 out of 10 people have just said there tulips on the sidewalk. NOT Roses. No point in arguing with those 9 people about it, even if that 10th person "knows" What a rose really looks like.

Apply that how you would like :D
Bronze.

what%20would%20chuck%20norris%20do.gif

Treat others as you want to be treated, Respect the unknown within people, Your word is your bond, (as a man, if you don't have your word, you don't have shiz) Do what you say you going to do, Don't say your going to do something if you know you cannot or will not, show courtesy for everyone you meet.

These are some of the things my daddy taught me while growing up. These have helped me steer through the hardest of times, and helped me with the MOST difficult of decision making (granted im not perfect).

the same CANNOT be said for the NWC, I don't know why, but its like pulling teeth around here.

you know people got things to say, here in the NWC. more often than not, the reality is keep it off of front street. "Perception is reality" I was once told by a wise man. It still holds true.

if 9 out of 10 people look at a pile of roses on the sidewalk, 9 of them say "look at them tulips" Those roses, are no longer roses. They are now tulips. Why you ask. Because 9 out of 10 people have just said there tulips on the sidewalk. NOT Roses. No point in arguing with those 9 people about it, even if that 10th person "knows" What a rose really looks like.

Apply that how you would like :D
Bronze.

Your ego is so big, not even a Toyota tundra could haul it..

Roses never get me lips. My wife says don't buy me something that's just gonna wilt and be thrown away, spend the money on something viable, but thank you the gesture was nice. So I purposely buy her roses.

Back