• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAXJA 10th as well?

SgtJCJ said:
I am on XJ #5 now. After I got back, I was having service done to the jeep. It was under warrenty and something had to be done, I don't remember what. I went next door to look at the Durangos my wife had been talking about. They took the Jeep in on trade without ever looking at it and gave me what I had paid. I tried to get them to test drive it, but they just kept saying they'd get to it. I let them keep the tweaked unibody site unseen. I went to an 89. Something I could play wigh and not feel so bad if I tweaked it a little. I did everything I could to that XJ I could think of. Even had some homemade half over again eliptical springs. Got bored with it. Sold it and got an 84 with a 2.5 and 250k+ miles on it. It went to the scrap heap in short order. I now have an 87 with a 2.5 and another 1998 4.0. I just can't seem to get away from the XJ. I just love them. The 87 is stock and my son drives it. The 98 has RE 3.5" in the front and a bastard pack in the back. The back is just temp. I am building a cusom spring perch and have no idea what I'll end up with in the end. Probably OMEs again. I've never felt a better spring.

I'll have to see if I can find my old pick of the first ride. I had a video of me launching over the Dune that Glenn shot. Wish I knew where that was. It was awsome. Huge rooster tail and a clear view between the XJ and the dunes.

IIRC Phil didn't go with us after that first day. I don't think he was ready to scratch his XJ yet.

So, out of the list you have compiled, how many are left?
Bones
Beezil
Tom R
Glenn (rollin' in the red ZJ)
SgtJCJ (don't recall your old handle)
AZJeff
Loop
Moab Jeff
Some dude in another white XJ
Dr Phil
Anybody else?

I think I have a picture of the rooster tail from down below......still need to scan it. I remember shouting something about "go to the left".........but you were already headed for taco time.

Folks left?

Tom, Glenn and I are still regulars here.

I suspect Loop is a lurker that may surface when the moon is full on days that start with M in months at end in H.

Moab Jeff has an XJ that he's built up and is enjoying it, living in Moab still.

I think Bones got tired of driving all the way to Moab to rebuild his rig in Slickrock Campgound, several years in a row...............or he bit by a mad cow?

Beezil built a CNC engineered tube buggy out of his XJ, became somewhat jaded with the management and then faded into the shadows as a brewmiester/contractor/stock TJ driver.......still owns a NAXJA lifetime membership?

Phil? I heard he traded his XJ for a Rubicon..........go figure.

Back