• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Navy SEALs Face Assault Charges for Capturing Most-Wanted Terrorist

If he's dead he can't testify.

If they beat the snot out of him after capturing him they were wrong. The time to do it is before, along with any additional holes to reduce the chances of him escaping. But once you got him you are stuck with him and need to deliver him in the best condition available so he can be healthy when the Iraqi's hang him.

I don't see anything coming of this - otherwise, they would have taken their non-judicial punishment and moved on. The fact that they asked for a trial means they must have some overwhelming proof they're innocent. If the only thing the terrorist is claiming is a bloody lip, well, hell, he could have given himself that....

The fact that they asked for a trial means they must have some overwhelming proof they're innocent

Or no proof their guilty but yeah.

If they are innocent, they have the best chance for justice in a military court.

If our current AG and CIC had their way they would have their heads cut off and be hung by their feet from a bridge in Washington, D.C. for having committed a "hate" crime.

If they lied, they are in deep shit. Talk the talk, walk the walk. If you did something, take responsibility. The crime is always in the cover up.

I'm betting they didn't do it, like someone else already said, you can give yourself a damn bloody lip in jail, all it takes is a wish to get someone else in trouble and your fist. This guy definitely has both.

Still a damn shame!

I have been seeing this on all the wires and the question that comes up in me mind is, who cares if they beat him up a little? Some people make think I'm morally wrong for not caring about this guys fat lip but oh well.

No one cares except the ACLU....and the like....

Me, I was thinking "um...just a fat lip? I would have kicked the everliving shit out of the guy....he deserves no less..."

:dunno:

I have been seeing this on all the wires and the question that comes up in me mind is, who cares if they beat him up a little? Some people make think I'm morally wrong for not caring about this guys fat lip but oh well.

I'm with you and don't think its wrong to ruff up a guy that is responsible for hanging our solders from a bridge.

No one cares except the ACLU....and the like....

Me, I was thinking "um...just a fat lip? I would have kicked the everliving shit out of the guy....he deserves no less..."

:dunno:

Where were they and all the other bleeding heart liberals when our solders were drug through the streets of Somalia? If it is against us they are all for it. If we don't "toe the line" they are all over us. Damn hypocrites IMHO!

Also agreed. I guess they didn't take classes from the LAPD, when asked about that fat lip you note that the guy can't walk too well with handcuffs on and fell down the stairs.

I care. Abuse of prisoners, military or civil, is wrong. Period. Kill them in combat, kill them resisting arrest, fine. Once they are in your custody you are responsible for them.

I recommend to you the video "The Largest Street Gang In America". Sure, like any thing else it is the worst of the worst, but watch it, all of it, and then if you still don't "care", well, that is your view and you are entitled to it.

Coastie...spoken like a true twidget. As a former Chief and BO, I would have to have a sit down with you. We as professionals need to care about what happens. Too many stupid little immature incidents like this have resulted in what otherwise would be good busts being throw out. Even SEALs have SROEs that need to be followed. Do I like it, well it is not my position in the organization to determine what is and isn't in the SROEs and CGUOF, make recommendations sure, but follow the orders just the same. The kill 'em all and let God sort it out is a false bravado Hollywood way of thinking.

Looking at this ice berg, there is more below the surface than what we are reading here. My guess is these three Petty Officers are getting some advice from someone to take a court martial rather than a mast. It is extremely rare that petty officers go to an Admiral's Mast. They must be getting advice that there is some political ramifications or the presding officer has an agenda and so are wisely taking an open proceedings court martial rather than a restricted proceedings mast.

Coastie...spoken like a true twidget.

Twidget.....errrr

Before I chose to be a IT I was a BTM for about 16 months. I realize how sensitive this situation is the point I was trying to make was why should anyone care about something as small as a busted lip on a man that hung Americans like common garbage.

I was referring to the public in this country, everyone is in such a up roar about this. The PO's involved if it's proved they abused him should be punished. We agree on that. However I just don't understand why the people of this country are screaming for their heads over the fat lip of a terriost.

Twidget.....errrr

Before I chose to be a IT I was a BTM for about 16 months. I realize how sensitive this situation is the point I was trying to make was why should anyone care about something as small as a busted lip on a man that hung Americans like common garbage.

I was referring to the public in this country, everyone is in such a up roar about this. The PO's involved if it's proved they abused him should be punished. We agree on that. However I just don't understand why the people of this country are screaming for their heads over the fat lip of a terriost.

Well said. And I concur. He is a terrorist. Yes we need to hold our selves to a higher standard, but they are going to have their way with our men if they can get their hands on them. So why should we give him the benefit of the doubt that he is not full of shiat?

Twidget.....errrr

OK. Fair enough.

Back