• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nates 4x4

IntrepidXJ said:
well, i never had any contact from them either, my stuff just showed up

Well, I received an automated response that my order had been received, but that was it. It has been almost 3 weeks now.

Well, I called again, and this time he answered the phone. He doesn't have the diff guards I ordered, but he has the more expensive ones, so he is going to send those out. We shall see.
I will keep you all updated

I ordered a diff guard from him before the WF.
I sent two e-maols - nada
still haven't got it.
a few days ago I received shackles for a YJ
he then e-mailed me that he had some diffs in stock and would send it out.

we'll see.

...BOB

sorry to hear that guys...

when I asked him to be a sponsor in an e-mail - in like 10 minutes he had responded asking me where to ship a bumper!

i have talked to him on the phone too - and i get the impression that he doesnt do this full time - this is a weekend fabricating fun thing...

looks like he is trying to make things right...

I rememeber that Brad had problems getting rock rings from suppliers as well - he was too small of a fish and they didnt want to bother with him...

XJ_ranger said:
sorry to hear that guys...

when I asked him to be a sponsor in an e-mail - in like 10 minutes he had responded asking me where to ship a bumper!

i have talked to him on the phone too - and i get the impression that he doesnt do this full time - this is a weekend fabricating fun thing...

looks like he is trying to make things right...

I rememeber that Brad had problems getting rock rings from suppliers as well - he was too small of a fish and they didnt want to bother with him...

Hey Bud,
Not your fault. He must be having some issues right now or something. His website now says to allow 3 weeks lead time plus shipping, so something has him bogged down (didn't say this before). Nothing life or death for me. Just didn't know what was up. He was friendly when I got to talk to him, and now I will just wait and see what happens.
With the tornadoes that hit Springfield, it is hard to tell how long it will take for shipping and mail to get back to normal around here. No mail yesterday, and not expecting any today!

TRL WGN 1 said:
Hey Bud,
Not your fault. He must be having some issues right now or something. His website now says to allow 3 weeks lead time plus shipping, so something has him bogged down (didn't say this before). Nothing life or death for me. Just didn't know what was up. He was friendly when I got to talk to him, and now I will just wait and see what happens.
With the tornadoes that hit Springfield, it is hard to tell how long it will take for shipping and mail to get back to normal around here. No mail yesterday, and not expecting any today!

I guess that whole 'snow and sleet mail will go thru' stuff doesn't include tornados. Bet ya if they had your property tax bill it would have gotten there.

w_howey said:
I guess that whole 'snow and sleet mail will go thru' stuff doesn't include tornados. Bet ya if they had your property tax bill it would have gotten there.

Well, the whole city was without power and many main roads were closed. Some still are not open and they are down to about 800 customers in the city who still have no power. Much improved from the 120,000 of Monday.

TRL WGN 1 said:
Well, the whole city was without power and many main roads were closed. Some still are not open and they are down to about 800 customers in the city who still have no power. Much improved from the 120,000 of Monday.

I was at 55 & 72 when that thing hit, got my butt outta there plenty quick.

Rev

Rev Den said:
I was at 55 & 72 when that thing hit, got my butt outta there plenty quick.

Rev

Good thing

had you been 2 miles further north, you may still be up here :D

That thing did lots of damage, and it is just simply AMAZING that not one person was killed. There have been more injuries during the clean up than happened during the storm.

BOB said:
I received my 8.8 diff guard!! :D

...BOB
From the tornado?!!?
Hey TRL WGN - those winds took your 8.8 diff guard and blew it up to BOB!!
:D

It really is sobering to see what the wind can do. The most impressive things to me were a billboard support made from a steel pipe roughly 3 feet or so in diameter - driven flat against the ground, and large diameter trees that weren't uprooted but rather shredded leaving a stump standing 6 feet out of the ground with a ragged top.
Scary.

What Rd said:
From the tornado?!!?
Hey TRL WGN - those winds took your 8.8 diff guard and blew it up to BOB!!
:D

It really is sobering to see what the wind can do. The most impressive things to me were a billboard support made from a steel pipe roughly 3 feet or so in diameter - driven flat against the ground, and large diameter trees that weren't uprooted but rather shredded leaving a stump standing 6 feet out of the ground with a ragged top.
Scary.

Dang, I knew someone else must have ended up with it, because I haven't gotten mine yet!

No kidding on the tornado. Quite sobering what 2 F2's can do.

On a good note, I got myself 5 loads of wood! People were most pleased to have me haul it away and I got lots of nice wood for next winter. Now just have to get through this oncoming snow storm!

TRL WGN 1 said:
On a good note, I got myself 5 loads of wood! People were most pleased to have me haul it away and I got lots of nice wood for next winter. Now just have to get through this oncoming snow storm!
I was thinking there'd be lots of good firewood for the taking. Gotta love free wood!

TRL WGN 1 said:
Dang, I knew someone else must have ended up with it, because I haven't gotten mine yet!

how about now?

What about .....

Now! :D

Les

Back