• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nates 4x4 Slimline Recessed Winch Bumper **w/PICS**

my front porch:
100_0812.jpg

works well for standing on.

I like that this bumper includes a steering box bolt eliminator. Ive been looking for a long time for a bumper with that option.

How far does this bumper stick out from the grill. Looks like its pretty far out there.

I hate to interupt a good interwebs pursefight, but I'd like to see some pics of this thing installed. Besides, I drive a lightly modified station wagon- I'm in no position to make fun of anyone else's wagon.

Chris @ GATR said:

Looking at that picture, I don't think the frame tie in goes high enough to catch the upper most steering box bolt. Look at this picture for a comparison, and notice the difference in height between the bolt holes.

P3214142.jpg

beakie said:
just cause your putting a winch on a bumper doesn't mean you have to lose out on good angles.

Definately something i kept in mind when building my winch bumper. Started out as JCR standard bumper, chopped a section out to add a universal winch plate, boxed it in & recessed the winch back into the grill. I didnt loose anything over the standard design.

jeeparizona046.jpg

jeeparizona047.jpg

jeeparizona049.jpg

that nates looks good one your rig but it is alittle bulky imho and would look huge on anything not running at the least 4.5"s and 33s

Back