• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Nasty Bucking in Overdrive

my shit does it almost everytime i hit the gas. it starts to go but then it sounds like its backfiring and it is bucking very badly. anyknow know what this might be? its a 90 with aw4

Smittty9785 said:
my shit does it almost everytime i hit the gas. it starts to go but then it sounds like its backfiring and it is bucking very badly. anyknow know what this might be? its a 90 with aw4
Im no mechanice but have you given it a tune up lately including O2 sensors? Maybe its misfiring or something so if you hadnt already, give it a full tune up with plugs, wires, cap, rotor, etc.

the cable in the throtle setup that goes from the top of the engine down underneath the vehicle. There should be a little black button type deal. Push the button and then open the throttle all the way up and then let it back down with the button still pressed down. this helped for me. hope you get it fixed man!

jneary said:
it sounds like you have a bad plug or plug wire.

Well we have a winner. My plugs were quite a few years old, and so were the wires. Changed them, and the wires, and it is all smooth as glass. Thanks for everyones help and suggestions.

Back