• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NAC Events for 2013

Do you think we should hold an event at Field & Forest Campground in NH?

• Yes, NACfest at F&F and Rocktoberfest at Rausch

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • Yes, NACfest at Rausch and Rocktoberfest at F&F

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Yes, but in addition to NACfest and Rocktoberfest

Votes: 33 76.7%
  • No, both down at Rausch

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters
Sounds to me that Colin just volunteered to do the legwork for a new event! :) :) :)

Guys please keep in mind that IF this happens there are some logistics to work out up here with F&F. It is not a place you just show up and wheel.

Whoa whoa don't we have an Events Coordinator?

I just come up with ideas and demand other people fulfill them.

:D

And the only logistics should be getting an NH OHV pass which is $76 for the year IIRC.

Hi! My husband Bob and I will be the new owners of Field & Forest next year. :wave1:

A couple of things:
- NH does require an OHV permit. It is an annual permit. However, they do allow for an exemption for events...there is an application process for that exemption though.
- Colin quoted the current fee schedule. That will change moving forward and be different next year.. And at some point we will have a membership structure like Rausch.
- There is plenty of space to camp (150+). The trail system is limited to about 40-50 rigs at a time though. There are no easy trails there. There are plenty of Class VI roads in the area for more moderate wheeling.

is the OHV only needed if you are not registrared and fully inspected in your home state for NH

this past weekend we bumped into home NH EPD on some ATV on a class IV both jeeps are reg'ed and inspected in MA and they just told use to pop on billy's fender flare that was popped off and for use to have a nice day

If you are legally registered and inspected (no matter the state), you don't need a permit. If you don't have a valid inspection sticker, the vehicle is not considered legally registered, at least officially...YMMV

Unless you're on a motorcycle...then you need one no matter what. :(

I'd be willing to help in the planning of a 3rd event based out of NH, specifically organizing trails, leaders and groups.
i think it would be best to have a few groups setup with a few trails kinda like fall crawl because not everyone can the "easy" stuff at F&F

i can take care of dinner if we go catered bbq route, as well as lead trails/ help set things up

I'm on board with a third event, or any switcheroo that's decided upon..I do feel for the far Northern guys that make a long run to RC for both events in the year, but then again, that is what this sport entails, take it from a guy who went to ColoradoFest last year, and will never, ever forget the experience. That said, I do like exploring other places, so I'm down no matter how this pans out.
Great Idea, Guys!
Rich

Back