• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ Rebuild

gettin there... :repair:

n1374450182_30152392_7118.jpg

n1374450182_30152398_8849.jpg

n1374450182_30152400_9444.jpg

getting ready to cut the shock mounts off :shocked:

n1374450182_30152399_9140.jpg

n1374450182_30152402_57.jpg

n1374450182_30152408_1881.jpg

tech content:

can i put the diff cover on and seal it up w/o axle shafts in?? and still get it all together and good on the build day??

god damnnn what a few weeks its been!

Build day was Jan 10th-- Ran into some issues with the X-member bolts snapping, the RK 3 Link bracketry not being so friendly with the T&T frame Stiffeners, this led us to finishing just the front.. (lifted it more then i expected..) It was helpful having some good guys from my local club and a good shop to use!

n1374450182_30161620_2996.jpg

Early Start to the Day

n1374450182_30161621_3204.jpg

Parents will be happy! :roflmao:
n1374450182_30161622_3418.jpg

n1374450182_30161624_3832.jpg

n1374450182_30161640_6387.jpg

What have i done...

Rode it home and parked it for 2 weeks just like this.. raked out!
n1374450182_30161642_7008.jpg

Then life jumped up and got me! Girlfriends Grandfather became extremely ill and we had to go up there (hour away) every single day and schools started and blah blah and then Two full weeks later im back into the swing of things and started work again on it.

When i got home i was so put back by this build.. i got in way over my head this time and re-thought my whole "jeep idea".. then being away from it for 2 weeks I tore into it with a new attitude and sold some stuff and talked to some jeep guys today that got me going again!

n1374450182_30161643_7306.jpg

In the garage ready for some rear end play..

Sold my 31s today 300 bucks cha-ching and sold some other nic-nacs 100 more bucks cha-ching!

Had to put the 33s on it
n1374450182_30161626_4282.jpg

Size difference between the 31x10.5a/t and the 33x10.5 mt
(Dont want to show the front end yet.. its to tall.. im hoping when i get the rear done itll look good! haha )

Camaro rs 89 92 came by and picked up some stuff and brought me new u-bolts! GREAT GUY!! Thanks a lot really got me going on this thing!

Cut the old U-bolts off (one year old and they had real rusty threads!)

Got the old axle out of the way! Got everything disconnected except the e-brake cables!
n1374450182_30161630_5193.jpg

and undid the center bolt came off like butta! then slid in the long AAL from the back!
n1374450182_30161629_4962.jpg

n1374450182_30161631_5420.jpg

Big ass clamp and wiggling the centerpin and new shim into place!

n1374450182_30161632_5654.jpg

Got the new axle ready to go in it! the DPG bumpstop plates ready to go and the new u-bolts on! thing is starting to take shape!!!

n1374450182_30161634_6105.jpg

This is how it sits now! and will be getting the JKS hd shock mounts welded on the rear axle tomorrow, and the brakes switched, bleed and buttoned up and then some pictures then alignment but befor the alignment a possible switch of coils up front depending on how the back comes out!

Jak, you owe people a lot of money.. WTH? Come on man, you have every member in Adirondackjeeps including myself pzzed at you. Especially after i put in a whole day helping you on your rig.

I heard your check for Central Auto bounced
And I also heard your check to Rock Krawler bounced.

I'd seriously clean this up although it may have already gone too far. I know Jeremy doesn't mess around with this stuff. So either pay it or expect to have a police officer at your front door short in short.

Well this whole situation sucked! It actually still does suck! I feel like I can finally blurb in here about it because its kinda blown over the whole emotional impact and things have been settling down with my family and my brothers. It sucks when you leave back for school and then get busy and jump on a board and see what is happening and have your heart drop out the bottom of your stomach!

Lets just say that this was the worst time to do any kinda modifications on my jeep. My parents literally filed for separation the week leading up to when I was supposed to work on it. Lesson learned there don't start a build in the middle of huge family issue (have two younger brothers to help thru it). Lesson number two... You always grow up thinking of your parents as your like rock and nothing can ever happen, but when they freeze all their finances and it causes checks to bounce that you gave to people who helped or you bought things from and makes you feel sick to your core and question what the hell is going on in your life. I pissed off my whole entire local club and couldn't get into contact with them and on top of all this second and most challenging semester of college came into full swing. I talked to my dad and he settled with all the guys who were left with bad checks a few weeks ago while I was away made the stops and paid them in cash. Which literally felt like a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, I felt so helpless! Things have slowed down and I need to make things right with some club members who I feel went above and beyond and may have questioned things because honestly I have never been in a situation like this personally. All of the financial issues were cleared up and made good though so dont hunt me down? lol

alex pm me, I owe ya a few cases of your favorite brew and derrick some axles that have been in my garage the 8.25 from mine that i pulled and a d30 disconnect from that 85 he said he may have wanted.

Damn man, sorry things got tough for you. Glad to hear that they are getting better. Is that the 8.25 with the powertrax ?

I would still like to see your project continue and the final result.

sucks that that happened to you. sorry for badgering when i was, but given the information the public had, it was hard not to. (not that it was or should have been a public issue)

hope the rest of the build goes well.

alex pm me, I owe ya a few cases of your favorite brew and derrick some axles that have been in my garage the 8.25 from mine that i pulled and a d30 disconnect from that 85 he said he may have wanted.

You really ticked a lot of people of in our club. My brother and I included (we wrenched and welded on your rig for almost 8 hours)

I see you have a bad situation here... At this point you can only make the best of it and possibly apologize to the club members and explain whats going on...

no one really got an explanation of your situation... heck you just bailed so no one knew anything only that a few of us offered up a days labor and fab skills (@no charge)... another offered up his shop(@no charge), then you bounced checks to every one else!

some may understand some may not... Sorry to hear your about your losses.. (my bro xalexjx linked this thread so the other ADKJeep members will be seeing the post)

I would love those axles you promised me...

Let me know when and where I can pick them up...

also sent you a PM.

Someone banned me from the forum before I knew what was unfolding over there and what was happening so I had no way of posting.... The checks were all made good back then and when I read back through the forum a couple weeks ago when I was going to tell people what was going on with me and explain what I could. I couldn't find a "VIP" code to make a new name to post up again.. I have talked to some members from over there over AIM and here about this whole situation and what not. I feel like I need to make good with some of the members that mean something to me and helped me and didn't go on a verbal tirade over an internet forum. My cell phone number was posted all over that site from my previous posts and pretty much NOONE called me to see what the hell was going on. This semester at school has been crazy and seeing how vicious some people were over on ADKJ makes me question myself being part of the club. That club helped me get into wheeling and you guys helped me so much and I dont want people that helped to be left for dead. I can offer up help, beer, and a sincere apology for what happened.

Derrick, I have some bad news though.. I was planning on selling some Jeep stuff over my spring break, but I came home to an empty driveway and garage.. When the 85 was junked my mom let the bastards into the garage and they asked if she wanted the axles, two American racing wheels, doors, and some other misc. jeep parts out of there and she said yes.. So yeah that is a PITA. I cant complain to much though because things have calmed down at home and its one less stress to be worried about. My jeep parts collection consists of a 97 center console UGH! (having a mini "junkyard" in a residential neighborhood is a no go!)

Dude.. Now I have to respond..

No one tried to call you? I left all kind of messages at your cell AND your Parents house... So did Rock Krawler. No response from anyone, for a very long time... I figured it as stiffed... But was going to make sure everyone knew about it...

It never was a money thing... All you needed to do was to communicate...Let people know the money was an issue..I could have waited, as I do , and have done, for other club members... But no...you and your parents chose to avoid everyone... Ok fine...

Now, you seem to have come to senses...and at least we see a apology...except , you mix it up with un truths... I was fine with everything...accepted the apology , chocking it up to your age and inexperience... But you need to come clean, and stay there... Ya know, if you never lie... you'll never get caught in one...

It was easy for me to offer my shop , lift, welder, plasma and tools for your use... But the other guys who busted their butts for you all day was the worst part... Jeeze...a couple of them had top drive a couple hours in a snow storm...

Well, I hope all of this has taught you something... something your parents obviously have not..

isnt the lesson; if your going to spend thousands on dollars on a hobby, shouldnt you spend your own money, not your parents?

sorry, but modifing a jeep is a hobby. it doesnt need to be modified to drive it on the road. i just dont get it, before graduating from college and getting a job, you spend thousands on a hobby you cant afford.

what am i missing?

Back