• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ is For Sale

Nay

NAXJA Forum User
Well, it's sad to say, but my XJ is up for sale as the family got too big. Everybody here probably already has an XJ, but I'd love for somebody in NAXJA to pick it up. Here is the ad:

For sale or trade for a 1996-97 FZJ80 series Land Cruiser or Lexus LX 450. Located in Colorado Springs. I need the space for family size, which is the only reason I am selling. I spent 25K getting this thing to work perfectly, and a fourth child is kicking it to the curb. $13,800. Pics below. PM or email me if interested.

Specs:

1997 4 door
4.0L (101K miles)
AW4 automatic transmission
NV242 (2hi, 4hi, full time hi, 4lo) transfer case with MIT SYE
Factory heavy duty radiator and aux transmission cooler
Power locks/power windows/overhead console
Intermittent wipers/rear wiper/rear defrost/power heated mirrors
Infinity stereo package*

Modifications:

Total lift is 8”. Details below:

Ford high pinion Dana 44 front axle (10K miles):

Warn axles w/297 u-joints
Warn premium 5 on 5.5 hubs
RE TJ axle brackets
4.56 gears
TrueTrac
Chevy flat top knuckles & Ford brakes
¾ ton crossover steering
Custom over the axle trackbar with heims on both ends (zero bumpsteer)

Currie high pinion 9” rear axle (5K miles):

Heavy duty Currie housing
Detroit locker
4.56 gears
31 spline alloy shafts
Disc brakes (TSM)
Raised shock mounts

Suspension:

6” BIGOffroad leafs (10K miles, new rubber bushings just installed)
7.5 RE coils (1K miles)
RE 1.25” shackles (clearanced to provide same rearward motion as a boomerang shackle)
Clayton long arm kit
Bilstein 5100 shocks (10k miles)

Safety:

D&C Extreme internal roll cage (new – not yet painted or padded)

Wheels/Tires:

5 15x7 alloy rims (MB Motoring)
5 34x12.5x15 Interco Trxus MT (85% tread, new spare)

Armor:

Rockware custom front tube bumper
Tomken rear bumper (drilled for tire carrier)
Rustys t-case skid
Rocky Road sliders
Factory gas tank skid

Other driveline:

MIT 242 transfer case SYE
Double cardan rear driveshaft

Miscellaneous:

Painless wiring harness (not installed)
Hella H4 headlamps
Extended stainless brakelines
M.O.R.E. motor mounts (rubber)
Safari Snorkel
Garvin Wilderness rack
AGR steering box & pump
Rustys steering box brace
Duramat Xtreme soundproofing
Rustys exhaust

Description of vehicle condition:

Interior is in good condition. No rips, tears, or excessive wear in cloth seats.
All electronics work perfectly.
Paint is in good condition. No rust.
Drivetrain runs smoothly year round (-10 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit) with no cooling issues.
Front right fender is dented from kissing a tree.
Rig runs vibration free at highway speed even in full time 4wd with proper caster. Outstanding snow capability.
Tires have 85% tread and are in good condition (no sidewall damage or chunking). Spare is new.
Synthetics in engine and diffs (engine oil just changed with Mobile 1).
All doors and liftgate open, close, and seal just like a stocker.
Roof rack is bent a bit in the rear. Not from offroad use, where it has held up admirably as a rock slider, but from keeping the spare on the roof and driving into (literally) the garage .
The floor and rear wheel wells are covered in Duramat xtreme sound deadening material, but is not yet bedlined (Durabak, etc) at this point.

*The Infinity package has four Infinity speakers (2 in rear sound bar) and Infinity amp. The current stereo unit is Sony mini-disc with a Sony 6 disc remote CD changer. The mindisc and changer are not in the asking price and are negotiable.

Poser pic:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=9764287

You can see the fender dent in this pic:

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=9764286

Ford HP D44 brackets/linkages

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=9764289

Currie HP 9"

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=9764297

D&C cage (rear plastic moldings will be reinstalled)

http://www.villagephotos.com/viewpubimage.asp?id_=9764300

If you are interested in the seats and harnesses (SFI 16.1 with June 2004 date) in this last photo, which are preteen size (age 5-12), let me know. They are not yet installed, but were intended to be tied into the cage. The cool thing is that a 35" spare will fit in the cargo area with these seats, but not with the bench. Otherwise, the stock bench seat will be re-installed (or tossed if you don't want it). I also have a set of toddler sized seats (same is in pic, just carseat sized) and harnesses if you are interested.

Last edited:
Dave, let me know if you'd be interested in my '94 FZJ80, it's up for sale. I know it's a little older than you'd like, but it's got EVERYTHING and there's not a spot of rust on it. It was owned by a young couple previously who used it for toting kids to soccer practice and such. It had never been offroad prior to our owning it, and it hasn't really been "wheeled" since, just used for getting to hunt camp and such. It does have the lockers and the leather was redone last year when we bought it.

Ary

P.S. Only option it doesn't have is seat heaters.

Sweet jeep. Wish I had the money. My jeep is getting close but I am so frustrated as I haven't had the money to finish it to take it offroad. I haven't been offroading in many many months. My 98 is getting there---now has rear dana 44 with 4.88s. Trying to get a front 44 too--------------
meflex.jpg

Oh Nay here is your jeep picture so everyone can see without clicking link------------

myduplicate.jpg

Nay, I must say for seeing your XJ for the first time, that thing is sweet. If I did have mine already, I would get it at the drop of a hat. Nice job on the build up, and thanks for the advice you have thrown my way.

Fergie said:
Were those pics taken near Garden of the Gods? Looks familiar.

Fergie

Nice call. I work at MCI a mile up the road from the park entrance. I'll never work in a sweeter location (unless it's from home).

Nay

Thought so. My wife and I were there for our honeymoon. I even drove by the MCI building.

Good luck on selling the XJ.

Fergie

woody431 said:
Sorry, im not really interested, but does that Dynamat help?

It's as quiet with the Dynamat as it was with the carpet. Stuff is usually for preventing speaker vibration for high powered audio systems, though.

Nay

Back