• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My XJ from Hacked to Jacked....

This guy.... it is a pretty clean jeep. We've both been fixing previous owners hack jobs on both our xj's. Its been an experience. Ingenuity>redneckengineering.

Yes, buying hacked up stuff can't be a favorite in my book.

But rebuilding it is the fun part and I always enjoy that, even though it get's overwhelming at times.

We need to get these things out on some rocks! :scottm:

To tell you the truth I don't know... the muffler is gone and I have the California emissions motor.

So I'm thinking it's a custom no muffler, all cat exhaust.

Not that loud either.

How do you like the Iron Rock OTK steering? I been thinking about getting it to replace mine. Any dead spots in the steering as a result or modifications you had to make (ie. the sway bar brackets)?

How do you like the Iron Rock OTK steering? I been thinking about getting it to replace mine. Any dead spots in the steering as a result or modifications you had to make (ie. the sway bar brackets)?

Actually I did the OTK steering to get rid of the sway bar bracket problem.

I originally bought the HD tie rod and used the factory drag link, but then I ran into the sway bar bracket ordeal.

So I returned the HD tie rod (Thanks IRO!) and got the OTK steering instead.

No dead spots, wonderful feel, I have zero complaints.

No modifications needed unless you want to do the 5/8th's option. Then you just drill out your knuckles and pitman arm.

Oh and another thing is, the bars are beefy!!! The tie rod and drag link are crazy thick, very impressed.

Last edited:
Back