• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My own version of hitch mounted spare tire carrier.

03CF98F0-785E-48CB-8E8A-829FDFA22BBF-32904-00001E099ADDCA0E.jpg

The down position after some additional gussets.

what are you doing to make the cops harrass you for mud flaps, especially if you're only driving to the trails? lol

I tried the hitch mount with shaky results, but I used thinner material like 3/16 or 1/8"... I built a swing away this time around with the same stuff with Better results
6c622f3e.jpg

I was just driving it around the block to test out my driveway alignment after steering upgrade and the motorcycle cop wrote me fix-it tickets for the tire coverage and not having my drivers license on me, even though we were 2 blocks from my house and I offered to go grab my license. He said don't worry about it and put it on the ticket anyway. Sometimes you just run into officer douche, what can I say. As far as sideswiping mailboxes, the 14.5" wide pitbull tires on full width axles hit them before the mud flaps do.

I figured he would have given you more crap about the tail light being broken, even though its just the blinker section. Just explain to officer Douche you drive a station wagon, not a "look at my small penis f-350 lifted so high I have to get a running jump just to get in".

On the tire carrier, to each his own. If it works for you run with it.

Last edited:
Looks like it will work fine to me. No it's not the best most high clearance way but it works for you an you're happy with it. So that's all that matters. It's not an unsafe design. I say run it. I use a home made hitch carrier for my 240lb dirtbike that sticks out a good 18". Also holds two five gallon gas cans. I have had not a problem with it. Again I see no problem with your carrier.

I got pulled over for NO PLATE light, thats right, no darn light.I told him i was sorry but i had a flat and was to lazy to remount it.When i got home the tags on my jeep was 3 months out.Yea i had to pay back fee's.Funny what they see.Just wait till one of you guys are going home and a cop needs them last few tickets for the month

Back