• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My other toy (money pit) 5.0 fans only

Rob Patterson

NAXJA Forum User
Here is my other toy that I need to complete. I have had a little more time to work on it now that I don't have my XJ. Unfortunately I don't have as much money to spend on it.

Engine mock up.

P1060033.jpg

Here is the car in many pieces.
IMG_5337.jpg

Good Brakes
IMG_5119.jpg

I had forgotten the slime-green-garage-envy I have for you...:worship: Can't wait to see that fox-body cookin!

I had forgotten the slime-green-garage-envy I have for you...:worship: Can't wait to see that fox-body cookin!

Thanks,
It sure is nice on cold nights like this. I wish I could get rid of the clutter. Every time I make more room, I find more crap to fill the empty space. I don't think I will ever be able to go back to a normal size garage again.

Awesome!! Another Mustang!! I see pieces and parts mostly........... specs please! Year, Model, Mods...ect!! I have a 97 Cobra that is mostly stock.... mostly :D

I don't have any good pictures of it right now.

1993 4 cyl coupe
Aluminum rear bumper
Aluminum front and rear bumper mounts
87 dash with tilt wheel and no airbag (20lbs lighter)
1995 Cobra R wheels with 245/40/17 tires

Engine is under construction:
currently have a tired 306 in many pieces.
Canfield 192 Heads with 54cc chambers
Canfield efi intake
FAST 4150 TB
Hooker 1 3/4" headers and 3" x-pipe
3" exhaust in pieces
AEM EMS 1401
I looking to go with coil on plug ignition using an AEM EPM if I can get the distributor gear issues worked out.

Front Suspension:
Griggs Tubular K-member and A-arms
Koni SA Shocks with Coilovers
94 Spindles and Brembo 4 Piston Calipers
Maximum Motorsports CC Plates

Rear Suspension (Currently on car)
Griggs lower control arms
Leda rear coilovers
EVM tri-link
MM panhard bar
8.8 with billet 9" ends
Cobra rear brakes

Rear suspension (sitting in garage)
99 Cobra IRS
Kenny Brown Tubular lower control arms (soon to be sold)
Bilsteins coilovers

I have many issues that I need to figure out.

I would love to have a 11.99 time slip in street trim but I know that isn't going to happen at this altitude. My goal is to have a fun Mustang that I can drive anywhere and have some real fun doing HPDE at PMI. I will also take it down the strip whenever the opportunity arises.

Here are a couple pictures from when it was in a convertible.
a7dd2149.jpg

Engine when it was in carb form
2c6808ad.jpg

I hate your garage. You officially suck.

:D

It is not that clean right now, I could use your help.... I know you want an onboard welder.:D

That's no lie....... but you probably saw my "new arrivals" thread...... all my funds are wrapped up in those rigs....... :mad:

I hate your garage. You officially suck.

:D

Mine was bigger than that................. till I got a divorce :( Now I am stuck using one side of a two car garage...............

Great looking fox!

You gonna come spin some laps at HPR next season? I'll be there with my time attack CRX. :)

I hope to spin some laps this coming season but all my projects take way longer than I anticipate.

I just scored a nice deal on a 347 stroker shortblock!!:D:D

I will be taking delivery of it in a few weeks.

Picture909.jpg

Picture910.jpg

Picture911.jpg

Picture907.jpg

Picture908.jpg

I hope you are not planning on racing this block! Those are prone to cracking........ poor casting!!

I'm not sure where you heard that. They are some of the best stock blocks after the Boss blocks and the 289 Hi-Po blocks. They have better main caps like the 289 blocks and the have thicker webbing in the bottom of the block. The machine work and assembly was done by www.fordstrokers.com. They do amazing work and there is a waiting list to get engines built. Mexican blocks are hard to find and are way better than the stock thin wall cast roller blocks.

I'm not sure where you heard that. They are some of the best stock blocks after the Boss blocks and the 289 Hi-Po blocks. They have better main caps like the 289 blocks and the have thicker webbing in the bottom of the block. The machine work and assembly was done by www.fordstrokers.com. They do amazing work and there is a waiting list to get engines built. Mexican blocks are hard to find and are way better than the stock thin wall cast roller blocks.

I remember something about the mexican blocks having higher nickel content as well, adding to longevity :dunno:

I remember something about the mexican blocks having higher nickel content as well, adding to longevity :dunno:

That rumor hasn't been confirmed; but there was one individual that did a Rockwell hardness test on his block and found it no different than the other earlier blocks.

I don't doubt that earlier casting and machine work wasn't as good as today's casting and machining. However the Mexican block is approximately 20lbs heavy than the newer roller blocks.

Yes, they do have a higher nickel content. Atleast that is what you will read about them. I read about the Mexican blocks years ago and the local Ford guru confirmed the castings were inferior........... maybe things have changed...... don't know. I personally would not run one but that is me.

Back