• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My old Jeep

53guy

NAXJA Forum User
Well, back from Afghanistan and it's been over a year since I've sold my jeep. I was wondering if any of you have seen her out and about. I sold it to a guy in the great lakes area (I think he belongs to great lakes 4x4) but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. Anyone have any clue?

She looked like this when I sold her.

PC050103.jpg

PC050116.jpg

Welcome home! :patriot:

Not to twist your nutz but I never understand these "have you seen my sold Jeep" threads - They are all over the Full Sized Jeep forums also.

If it was that important to you - that you have to pine for it years later - why did you sell it in the first place?

Was it a storage issue?
Money?

Just curious?

It is a very nice looking XJ - by the way.

It does say Boobs Rock!

It was a combination of factors. I was stationed in VA and got moved to Hawaii and a combination of things with the Hawaii safety inspection wouldn't allow me to drive it on the road. It was my only means of transportation at the time, so I needed something to drive in Hawaii and couldn't afford the extra cash to ship it to Hawaii (an oversized vehicle cost a lot more to ship and it's not covered by the military). I could have stored it, but my parents would never have driven it to upkeep the vehicle not to mention the years of rust and weather damage it would have before I could get back to it. Storing it in Hawaii wasn't an option. There were plenty of people who said they'd watch it and drive it for me, but that's just a huge liability issue and I'd probably hate them for ever if the messed up my Jeep while driving it.

If you've ever spent years building a Jeep (this was the first vehicle I ever bought), dumping loads of cash, blood, sweat, and tears into it, spending the time you do to make it exactly what you want it to be, all the great memories of driving it, wheeling it, the dumb ass shit you did in it, you'd understand why its sentimental to you.

I'll be honest and say that selling it was one of the dumbest things I've ever done. Some people would say its just a Jeep, what's the big deal, but those people wouldn't understand if I tried to explain it to them for the rest of my life.

Thanks for the compliments. It was a really bad ass jeep. Full hydro, 37 creepy crawlers, custom full float dana 44 rear, hp 44 front, chromoly shafts all around, ARB's front and rear, 2.5" king coilovers in the front, engine/coilover brace. It is a bad ass jeep.

Havent seen it, but I understand the sentimental aspect. I learned to drive on my Jeep when it was my dads. He sold it to me when I was 18 and I still have it years later. Ive replaced the entire drivetrain, broken a lot of crap, been stranded a few times but I would experience small bouts of depression if I had to sell it. I look forward to telling my children that it was "Grandpa's Jeep"

Try posting in the regional chapter's forum, better chance of a hit.

Back