• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My OD XJ

JBweld

NAXJA Forum User
Yes, I'm really selling it. Might be a tough time to sell right now, but I'm giving it a try.

1987 2-door Cherokee with Renix 4 liter. Approx. 218,000 on engine. Runs excellent, recent tune-up and oil/filter change(last week). Header and 2 1/2" mandrel bent exhaust with 50 series flowmaster muffler
-'96 AX-15 with approx. 15,000 miles on new bearings, synchros, and seals. Running synthetic oil.
-'96 NP231 23 spline T-case with HD SYE, and Terra 2 Lo kit installed. Works great.
-'76 Early Bronco dana 44 front axle. Custom bracketry and trussed housing. Cut and rolled C's for correct caster. 30 spline OX locker, 30 spline Yukon alloy axles, CTM u-joints. 5.13 yukon gears. Dedenbear Ford style knuckles(corrected camber issues) with Sky's high steer arms. Axle has approx. 5000 miles on all bearing and seals. Running synthetic oil. 1 3/8" dia. x .375 wall, DOM tie rod w/ chevy style TRE's. DOM draglink uses kevlar lined Rod ends.
-'87 XJ dana 44(original axle) 33 spline Super 44 kit (Superior alloy axles) with detroit locker. 5.13 yukon gears. Fully trussed housing with traction bar brackets already welded on. Terraflex disc brakes. Axle has probably less than 5000 miles on gears/bearings/seals. Running synthetic oil.
-Custom front and rear bumpers. Extremely heavy duty, with multiple body/frame tie ins, including steering box inner/outer reinforcement. Rear bumper has a swing spare tire holder and Jerry can rack. Cheap Harbor freight 8000lb winch in front is slow, but never let me down. Solenoid pack was moved to under hood. Synthetic 3/8" line with aluminum safety thimble and aluminum fairlead. Fog lights and Hella 500 driving lights on bumper.
-Tube rocker replacements and plated "frame" rails. 3/16" wall. Fully integrated into upper section of rocker(under door sill plate) and frame. Also tied into roll cage.
-Hybrid inner/exo cage. Very heavy duty with extra cross bracing and chassis tie-ins. Very strong and roof halo works great as tree sliders.
-Thor quarter guards with LED's customized with rear tube flairs that are tied into the roll cage, rockers, and rear bumper.
-Suspension: 6" rusty's coils up front, with temporary bastard packs in the rear, approx. 6" rear lift. The rear springs will be replaced before sale. 12" travel Bilstein 5125's up front, 10" travel Bilstein 5125 in rear. TnT Y'link long arm up front with TnT belly pan. Heay duty trackbar, bracket, and brace.
-Wheels and tires: 15x8 on 5x5.5 pattern, Trail Ready Aluminum beadlocks. 36"x 12.5" TSL-SX super swampers. Tires are about 80% with some rock wear from Moab. They are only a few months old. Balanced with beads, they actually run down the road decently.
-Interior is decent, but no headliner. Floor is Herculined. Dash is in good shape. Panasonic CD deck with Alpine 5 1/4 components in custom kick panels, Crossfire 6x9's in back. Custom tool box in rear and CO2 bottle rack. 2" harnesses for rear seat.

There's probably a bunch of stuff I'm forgetting. Feel free to ask questions.

I'm asking $10,500 OBO for this trail ready Jeep. Might seem like a lot, but like any modified Jeep, I have WAY more into it than that, plus my fabrication time. Please do not waste my time with low-ball offers. I will consider part trade for it with a clean, stock, '97 or newer 4 door Cherokee.

5-27Jeepstuff011.jpg

5-27Jeepstuff012.jpg

axle018.jpg

axle017.jpg

Moab08065.jpg

Just remembered that I replaced the water pump, idler pulley, crank pulley/damper, 100 amp alternator, and ctutch master/slave assembly last year. Rig also has an Optima red top, H4 headlight and harness conversion, and rocklights.

Thanks for looking. :) And yes, I'm planning on building something different. The Jeep is located in NW Washington.

Last edited:
Back