• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new toys

BEVAN

NAXJA Forum User
I picked this up sat from Alternators and starters of the Triangle in Durham NC,
(919) 787-3157.

It cranks out 160A...I had it built to help with the power drain from my Taurus fan install (pics of that tomorow)

170aalternator.jpg

Now all I need to do is install 5-90s mains and i'll be set, hopefully I wont meltdown before then...

Last edited:
Do you have any worries about the stock wiring being able to hold up with a 160 amp alternator? I think stock was around 100 amps.

it only pulls as much as it needs, so its not pulling 160 all the time. nice find, im swapping mine out tonight with a 130 or so. Mud and alternators dont mix well...

I've got to upgrade mine as well. I've already swapped the mains to 5-90's but my stock alternator isn't handling the additional lights very well.

I've got 2 Hella's and 4 KC Daylighters. Mine doesn't do so good.....

Im running 5 hellas in front and 2 550 commet's in the rearm with the old alt it would kill the gauge at idle/ crawl speeds...

Back