• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new pup camper

I had to weld a piece of 1/8 on the bottom of my ball mount to get it to stop rattling around in the receiver in the JCR bumper.

When I tried to put it in the AJ's bumper, it wouldn't fit. I had to cut it off.

I think I'm gonna have to do the same. I had thought about cutting that piece of tube out and welding in the right size, but that looks like alot of work. After you did that, did you have any issues with it anymore?

No, everything was pretty tight. If I remember right, the 1/8th was a little thick, I think I took the grinder to it and shaved a little bit off until it fit better.

Wasn't really a functional thing, like you said, I just couldn't take the damn noise anymore.

I plan on using mine to pull this little trailer. I have the "frame" tie-in brackets on it also. I can weld some metal on the ball mount to tighten it up in the receiver and lengthen the safety chains to reach the attatching points on the bumper. This should be ok, right?

Last edited:
Absolutely. I towed with mine. I had an 8 inch drop mount for mine. Towed a utility trailer with it.

Put a set of rings on your safety hook mounts, the ones that thread up and down on one side, that way you're not always trying to fish the hooks up there to hook the safety chains in. I used to spend an hour cussing trying to hook the chains in next to the hitch pin.

Absolutely. I towed with mine. I had an 8 inch drop mount for mine. Towed a utility trailer with it.

Put a set of rings on your safety hook mounts, the ones that thread up and down on one side, that way you're not always trying to fish the hooks up there to hook the safety chains in. I used to spend an hour cussing trying to hook the chains in next to the hitch pin.
Yes. Good suggestion. It's a pretty tight fit up there.

Yes. Good suggestion. It's a pretty tight fit up there.

Hmmm..... I didn't think it was all that bad but Josh has a good idea.

Yeah, I had already fought with those chains once. I need to pick me a couple of those though. It is a PITA

it has been decided that, in the event mark's man card is revoked, Ed and i will be fighting over who gets the pup camper.

this information was disclosed yesterday.

Did he buy a minivan? :dunno:

there were a couple things.

one was while under the jeep bleeding brakes and saying something about taking a shot to the face :gag:

who's to say really :D :D :D

EDIT:
and apparently i'm also supposed to be nice to "The Pres" :doh:

Nope, but I must admit the mileage in one is nothing to balk about...just saying.

one was while under the jeep bleeding brakes and saying something about taking a shot to the face :gag:

Right in the eye too. :eyes: Stung pretty good but I didn't "melt" a contact.:D

I heard a quote about a minivan once...and I paraphrase....

"Had a dog we needed to neuter. Couldn't afford a vet visit, so we drove him around the block in a minivan a couple times. Problem solved."

Back