• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new pup camper

High2by

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
I've been looking for awhile and finally found what I wanted and for what I feel was a heck of a deal.

It's a '93 Coleman Pioneer Sedona. It's in great shape and everything works on it. Here are a couple shots.

102_1808.jpg

102_1806.jpg

I have run into a snag, however. My Jeep has about 6.5" of lift and I'm running the JCR rear bumper with the receiver provision in it, although a ball mount is sloppy loose in it, therefore the tongue of the trailer is waaaaaaaay down there when I go to hook it up. Solution #1, I got a 10" drop mount. (I know I'm missing a pin, for all you observant NAXJA peeps) Even with it I have to lift the trailer up about 3" to get it on the ball.
102_1823.jpg

I'm not sure what solution #2 will be other than a taller jack to raise it up more. Ideas or suggestions?????

One thing I did tonight was to "flip" the axle. It came as a sprung under setup.
102_1816.jpg

I flipped it to a sprung over setup. I gained almost 4" by doing this.
102_1819.jpg

I know, I need new ubolts and I will get some.:shhh:

102_1820.jpg

This didn't help me any on the hooking up part, but it should make the pup sit a bit more level while towing it with my Jeep. Before it was rear end low in a bad way. Plus, I now have enough room to run a 13" rim and a better quality tire as well.

Anyway, here's a couple more shots of the inside.
102_1812.jpg

The stove and sink are operational and there is a separate stove that can be hooked up outside.

102_1810.jpg

This is the single bed and the other end has a double bed I guess you call it. The table lets down to make a bed so it would sleep 5 in a pinch.

It has an awning on it as well but I ran out of daylight...maybe I can set it up this weekend.

It's primary use will be for pulling to the trailhead and setting up and then wheeling. Renting cabins is expensive and I figure with even the few rides where I have to rent a cabin, this will have paid for itself within a year.

Let me know what you think.

Hey Mark! That little rig is PERFECT for a weekend wheelin' trip. Lovin it! So you bringing it to Fall For All...about month away??

This would work well at WinterFest.

Excellent score. Now find me one.

Cut the mount from the side of the tube on the jack, move the tube down closer to the ground and then reweld.

The frame is not that wide. The jack plate takes up the whole frame. I guess I could weld a piece of plate to extend the frame then move the jack down. Hmmmmm......

Hey Mark! That little rig is PERFECT for a weekend wheelin' trip. Lovin it! So you bringing it to Fall For All...about month away??

If things go well, that could be a possibility. I like wheeling with you Alabama guys! :D

very cool mark!!!
that completes the weekend warrior :)

always loved those tent trailers.

used to have a 68 coleman. first run they made with them.

it needed canvas and a few other things but i would have ended up spending too much money.

replacement canvas was about 700 bucks. but surprisingly WAS available for that year.

Ok. I'm with ya now. That might would work.

I have a stack of 2x6's that I use under the jack on the trailer. You could do the same thing but make a ridge out of 1x2's or rout out a hole for the wheel to sit in so it will not roll off. Nice find.

That would be mine too. It's a 16' flatbed that I used to pull my trail rig on.

As you can see, I've got a slighty used, heavily cracked, exhaust manifold I'll sell.:D

57cardinal.jpg

door%20open%201.jpg

i used to have one of these. 1957 Cardinal.

pulled it to the beach one year before i had my sand rail and just used my jeep as my play rig.

it worked pretty good but i had to use some bolt on overloads and a nice drop hitch.

at the time i was running 30x9.50 wildcats and only 3.5 inches of lift. but it looked awesome anyway.

i had redone the floor inside with the dollar tree stick on linoleum squares and we painted inside an off white.

it needed a lot of work but it was a good "20 footer"

trying to find some pics of it when i had it for sale.

Last edited:
My wife and I bought a pop up a while back but decided that popping it up is too much of a PITA for us lazy folks.

Then we bought a shast.a camper with the intention of restoration - but it was expensive and time consuming (again, lazy).

Next one we buy will be a small, light camper that doesn't need any work, haha

My wife and I bought a pop up a while back but decided that popping it up is too much of a PITA for us lazy folks.

Then we bought a shast.a camper with the intention of restoration - but it was expensive and time consuming (again, lazy).

Next one we buy will be a small, light camper that doesn't need any work, haha

Buy a Hi-Lo. Same thing as a pop-up but all you have to do is push a button. The walls are still hard walls and not canvas...

http://cgi.ebay.com/1983-Hi-Lo-17-f...ultDomain_0&hash=item33614338e1#ht_722wt_1139

Back