• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My new front axle

I'm offended by your use of the word "countdown" you jerk. You know I once was part of a countdown. I lost a lot of good men that year. R.I.P.

IXNAYXJ said:
IFor the record, I think it's a 'tarded thing to get upset about, but to each his own. Where does the Post Police stop, though? Redneck? Ghey? Ghetto? All of these could be considered insensitive to the right person with an axe to grind.

-----Matt-----

Because of my Polish heritage, and the problems of Warsaw and the Nazi's, the word 'ghetto' offends me. I would really like it if you would not use it.

-Alex

IXNAYXJ said:
Not bad, Alex. I'm impressed! Now go read Mila 18 by Leon Uris and get back to me.

-----Matt-----

You forgot, im uneducated, and therefore do not read...:shhh: But in the event that I learn to I will let you know.

-Alex

Um, I believe the word you are looking for is "unedumacated". Write that down.

I know WOP is "without papers" originally. Who the hell turned it into: "American English pejorative ethnic slur?" what is dago?

mud1059 said:
I know WOP is "without papers" originally. Who the hell turned it into: "American English pejorative ethnic slur?" what is dago?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dago

What sound does a Ferrari make when it gets a flat tire? Dago WOP, WOP, WOP, WOP.

Haha. I really hope nobody is offended.

-----Matt-----

I may be old, or I may just have too high of expectations.
I do find it offensive!!

You guys can make fun of me for making a stand if you like, That is your choice. I recommend you think, just a little, before you make that word (as well as others) a part of your vocabulary.

Michael

Sorry to hi-jack this off-topic thread and get it back ON topic.... but I'm quickly learning about D60's and thought I'd add some here. My front D60 is @ 62" wms, and I think it would be really tough to get it any more narrow, let alone fitting bracketry on it going into an XJ. I'm thinking, that you're thinking you can get it more narrow due to the fact that you're using unit hub/bearings and not a traditional setup /w lockouts.... is that correct?

J

Avanteone said:
Sorry to hi-jack this off-topic thread and get it back ON topic.... but I'm quickly learning about D60's and thought I'd add some here. My front D60 is @ 62" wms, and I think it would be really tough to get it any more narrow, let alone fitting bracketry on it going into an XJ. I'm thinking, that you're thinking you can get it more narrow due to the fact that you're using unit hub/bearings and not a traditional setup /w lockouts.... is that correct?

J
Sorta... Not sure as I'm thinking the eventual plan will be to go with a spindle oput swap with a ford. 62" would be ok. Right now the WMS is a whopping 72" and I can only go so far on the Passenger side because of the CAD housing. I may have to retube the passenger side. I have been trying to find a diagram I once saw on here showing all the measurement of coil buckets and control arms. Those claytons should work fine with the 60 right?

Jeremy

Yes, the Clayton's kit will work fine /w the D60. You just have to make sure you don't go too narrow. You've gotta have room for the coil buckets. I'll snap a couple of pics of mine to show you what I'm talking about.

J

That would be awesome thanks!
Avanteone said:
Yes, the Clayton's kit will work fine /w the D60. You just have to make sure you don't go too narrow. You've gotta have room for the coil buckets. I'll snap a couple of pics of mine to show you what I'm talking about.

J

Let me start by saying,"I know nothing about what you guys are talking about." Now with that being said in combination with what you have written, would it be possible to leave the axles at their full length and then compensate with less back spacing on the wheels? Or are there too many other factors? It's just something I'm curious about. Thanks.

2KXJmakinwaves said:
Let me start by saying,"I know nothing about what you guys are talking about." Now with that being said in combination with what you have written, would it be possible to leave the axles at their full length and then compensate with less back spacing on the wheels? Or are there too many other factors? It's just something I'm curious about. Thanks.

I'm running 62" wms and 4" backspaced wheels. To get a 72" wide axle that narrow, you'd need 9" backspaced wheels? No such thing, won't work. You can compensate for an inch or two /w backspacing... but not a 10" difference in width.

J

Gotcha, thanks for the input. Like I said, I know next to nothing about axles.

Back