• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my motor is dead! please help!

ok. this is the wierdest thing EVER... so i unscrewed the tps, blocked the throttle open, cleaned the plugs again, all electrical connectors are clean. so i crank it for about 10 sec, wait 5 more and crank it again. it starts to fire. slowly it starts to sound like it is gonna run, so i cut the starter. it promptly stops trying to run. so i repeat the process, but hold the starter on, and it backfires, misfires, the motor is vibrating all over the place. it will start to catch, the starter will automatically cut off(?), and it trys to quit, so the starter automatically cuts back on(the key is all the while held on crank mode) now it sounds worse then before i replaced the cam and lifters @^#&*^$$#&**#$%@?!?!?! obviously there is something really FUBAR, so i quit. i check the codes- 13(motor has no vacume)ok. so the throttle is blocked wide open. understandable. BUT 11(crank pos sensor) and 54(cam pos sensor)---???????W T F !!! if they were bad then the motor would not even try to start. (unless mabye cam sens-?) also, the dipstick was out and oil blew out of it for about 5 feet????????????????????
the cam timing is dead on. as is the distrib. the timing chain is not streched. the bottom end looks fine. it has to be electronic...

Back