• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My latest fab work!

Mark Hinkley said:
What advanced skill of fab work isn't advanced fab?

Jeez, I get yelled at for putting junk in the picture forum and now the adv fab forum.

Anyhow, aren't you a mod?

hinkley

You need a puppy somewhere in the pic for it to be advanced...

Is that 3/8" plate or did you settle for 1/4"?

i like it. now dont get all egotisticle on us because we complemented you, ok?:D

did you bend or weld most of those seams? ( the answer determins advanced or not ):laugh3:

steagall9301 said:
did you bend or weld most of those seams? ( the answer determins advanced or not ):laugh3:

I see a few bends.

Method of construction in sheet fab is everything.

Unless your short on brake dies. :D

--ron

steagall9301 said:

All welds, not a single bend.

I weighs less than the old one and the carpet combined. All 1/8" Dplate.

It looks like the old one because of everything there that makes that happen.

However what isn't there yet is the is enough room for two cup holders on each side of the ebrake handle.

My best thing I like so far is having the CB out of the way!

hinkley

Looks pretty good.

If you have more spare time can you come and work on mine? It's beginning to feel neglected........ :)

Gawd damn, you are such an asshat!
That is exactly the next project I had planned.

Dick

Gawddamnideastealingbastard.

I think we have a "leak" at URF headquarters.

CRASH said:

Wait just a second, here.
You guys listening in on the voices in my head?
I thought it was interesting when Jes showed up at BOTW with MY diamond plate door sill plates.

CRASH said:

I thought URF was all about the hardcore stuff.

You gonna start making soundbars and unique XJ storage solutions?

I smell quadratec :gag:

Mark Hinkley said:
All welds, not a single bend.
However what isn't there yet is the is enough room for two cup holders on each side of the ebrake handle.
hinkley

then one of two things is impressive;
  1. you have major skills with a welder, or
  2. you are a master with a grinder,
once again good job ( but if you want two cups by the E-brake then you are not done yet, get back to work !!hasta )

Okie Terry said:
Bingo!
I'd say a master with a flapper disk.

Yea, but you need to know how to weld first or you'll spend a year filling stuff.

But then I don't know how to weld so I had to fill grind fill grind fill grind fill grind fill! :D

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Yea, but you need to know how to weld first or you'll spend a year filling stuff.

But then I don't know how to weld so I had to fill grind fill grind fill grind fill grind fill! :D

hinkley

I think your wife did it while you were mopping the kitchen floor.

Looks real nice and a good spot for the CB radio. Does look like your shoulder will be bumping against the metal though and I'd hate to see that metal get bent.

Back