• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

my jeep is possessed or is it the computer box

well ya all after being pissed for 2 weeks i think i finally got it nailed down. i still have to order the part, but i am pretty confident the demon in my electrical is in deed a bad "Clockspring". tell me what ya all think.:firedevil

yeah i have been and i dont see or smell melting at all. i am going for the 3 time to clean out all the grounds i can find near the engine and battery, just desperatly trying to get this jeep working.

I know I had some strange voltage problems for a couple of weeks, specific ones, worked fine in the morning but in the afternoon after it got dark out I would leave work, start it up, idle 30 or so seconds then turn on the lights. My voltmeter would drop to 10v or below, sometimes it would come back up on it's own, sometimes I would shut it off and restart it, the problem would go away. Finally one evening I popped the hood and unplugged the ECU connectors, sprayed them with some contact cleaner and plugged them back in. Problem has not resurfaced and that was 2 weeks ago.

I clean my ecu very often, right now I am pulling panals off and looking around to see if my heater melted something, so i am working under the passenger side now. if i cant find anything with that then i am pulling all the seats and trim and checking out anything in there.

One other note i pulled my ignition switch off and may have messed it up a bit cause now when i put my battery cable back on. it wont start at all and the chime keeps beeping. anyway to reset that lol

pulled the fuse box out and sure shoot the top of it is melted, and pulling some connectors out found mud in there. also even worse opened it up and the curcuit board is fused together. now i learn that it has junkyard numbers on it so this has happened before in its life time. now i have to replace it and see where the heck water is getting in there.

pulled the fuse box out and sure shoot the top of it is melted, and pulling some connectors out found mud in there. also even worse opened it up and the curcuit board is fused together. now i learn that it has junkyard numbers on it so this has happened before in its life time. now i have to replace it and see where the heck water is getting in there.

Windshield probably, though there could be a leak under the hood cowling. There is also the possibility that if you don't know the history of it it could be a flood car too. I've seen a lot of pristine jeeps, I mean CLEAN with average miles and I'm always suspicious, one guy on craiglist in NJ has 5 or 6 at a time, he's been selling them for over a year now, makes me wonder if they are katrina jeeps.

Sounds like someone has been mudding and got junk up in the the power distribution box under the hood. Prime source of all the glitches when relays, boards, and main power distribution is filled with wet gunk.

If under the dash, mud could have been from deep water fording.

Flooded from a disaster, well, it will never, never be quite right, and it will get even worse. Electrical demons make their home in flood damaged cars.

I got my jeep it was a government postal jeep. I believe it is from Minnesota I.E my state. the one problem I have is. the guy that did the wiring for the C.B and whatever else goes in a postal truck sucked at it. I have probably pulled at least 30 extra feet of C.B wiring out and I have not even got to the most of it under the carpet. :scared:

Back