• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Introduction(With Pics).

8TapouT9

NAXJA Forum User
Hey, I just joined the site. My name is Tyler, I'm 19(20 in July), I live in Hickory, NC and I'm the proud owner of a 1989 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer. This is my second XJ. I bought it for $300 3 weeks ago and drove it home. It runs/drives great and only has 140,3XX miles on it. It has the 4.0, AW4 and it's 4x4. I bought some 31's for it yesterday that I'd like to put on it. The tires measure out to 29.5" tall. I bought them from a member off of a local forum. They're mounted on 15X8 wheels but the bolt pattern is 5X5.5. I need 5X4.5. I only paid for the tires though and they were $25 :yelclap: I have to take the wheels back to the guy as soon as I get them mounted on my Jeep. But enough blabbing...Here's some pictures of the Jeep...

3539241268_39e314be82.jpg

3539241616_c2f93517ca.jpg

3511029157_f80558ec04.jpg

Here are the tires I bought for the Jeep. I'm wondering if I'll have to take my fender flares off to mount them. There are 2 pictures of the tires and 2 pictures of the tires beside the Jeep just for reference. I think just taking the flares off will give me enough room to stuff the 31's under there. Let me know what you think, thanks!

3539322627_b7c970ca0e.jpg

3540135140_fec2869c03.jpg

Here are the tires beside the Jeep just for some reference...

3540135198_42826e4e96.jpg

3540134638_515edfa17f.jpg

Hey Tyler, Welcome and enjoy the website.

In order to run the 31"s on a stock height ride you would have to do more then just remove the fender flairs. You will need to trim the fenders as well and even then you will most likely develope some tire rub, depending on your wheeling.

One of the finest features of the site is the ability to search. We all use it alot and it saves answering similar questions. Having said that, feel free to read all of the fine build threads for XJ's on 31"s and to post away!

Congrates on the new XJ!
Mike

Hey Tyler, Welcome and enjoy the website.

In order to run the 31"s on a stock height ride you would have to do more then just remove the fender flairs. You will need to trim the fenders as well and even then you will most likely develope some tire rub, depending on your wheeling.

One of the finest features of the site is the ability to search. We all use it alot and it saves answering similar questions. Having said that, feel free to read all of the fine build threads for XJ's on 31"s and to post away!

Congrates on the new XJ!
Mike

I really think that these tires will fit just with the fender flares removed. I don't want to have to trim just yet. They measure out to an even 29.5" tall and people run 30/9.50's on stock XJ's all day long. A little rubbing doesn't bother me one bit.

just get them mounted and see, every XJ is different. when i first got my '90 I got brand new 31X10.50s and just the rear flares off. mind you i ended up cutting anyway!

swaybars still hooked up here.
1088WheelinPix_208.jpg

Last edited:
here ya go, this is all i have.

other side
1088WheelinPix_2101.jpg

1088WheelinPix_211.jpg

here is my other '90 when it had cut fenders on 31s just so you get an idea if you decided to hack
stp85475.jpg

Last edited:
I really think that these tires will fit just with the fender flares removed. I don't want to have to trim just yet. They measure out to an even 29.5" tall and people run 30/9.50's on stock XJ's all day long. A little rubbing doesn't bother me one bit.

Mine rubbed at flex with 235's until i threw the AAL on the back. Its probably gonna rub when turning, flexing and going over bumps but if you aren't afraid to trim you'll be fine.

Welcome.

So................want to sell it? I'm fond of solid white XJs with manual windows/locks.

If so, throw me a PM.

Back