• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My (in progress) whack at half doors

Wallymander said:
shoot at this point you might as well weld the doors shut, cage it, put in some racing seats, go olive drab, tactical military off road urban death buggy!!!!!!!!

was planning olive drab, but was shot down quickly!

Wallymander said:
shoot at this point you might as well weld the doors shut, cage it, put in some racing seats, go olive drab, tactical military off road urban death buggy!!!!!!!!

Urban death buggy........i love it..........time for a new project.:firedevil

bcmaxx said:
gonna cost you a little more than that!
how much would you charge? lol

Chris @ GATR said:
So you lost your window, window controls, lock, armrest and 12" of door to accomplish what? Should have bought a Wrangler IMO. :puke:

Sorry.

i took my doors off. best thing i ever did. theyre on right now, controls and all, no side effects what so ever. but i can take them off when its nice out whenever i want to, takes 5 minutes and a buddy.

89RockHeep said:
go to your local fabrics store, go look at the buttons there punched out on the inside, selftapping sheet metal screws, and youve got your answer

Yep, exactly how I repaired the snaps that ripped out on my CJ soft top.

Oh, and you should definitely incorporate a welded tube cup holder in that doorsill. That'd be epic.

Well its finally half door time up here, just some revisions I made to the doors ( speakers, master switch , and inner door handles, as the outer once were a pain)

2011-07-11183457.jpg

Excellent work! Ever think of re-working the outside door handle or getting rid of it all together since you can open the door with the latch you installed? The little "nub" on the outside of the door (the old handle) looks odd. Is there a reason it still needs to be there that I am missing?

Back