• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My "Hero" Blog

Gusset that UCA ! wont hurt anything and will help prevent it from ripping off. and spread the load along those weak little dana 30 tubes.

Gusset that UCA ! wont hurt anything and will help prevent it from ripping off. and spread the load along those weak little dana 30 tubes.

I'll definitely be gusseting the UCA mount. I'm actually going to tie it in with a truss when I pull the front axle back out...... For coilovers...

I bought another pair of 2.5 14" travel remote reservoir King coilovers off of my friends race truck today. These ones are for the heep. They're valved for the front of the jeep and have been completely rebuilt with new reservoirs, seals, wear bands, and fresh oil.

Note that I bought the coilovers, not the King Kong 4.0 bypasses haha.

So pretty soon I'll have to start clearing out the engine bay for shock hoops. Relocate the battery, coolant overflow, fuse box and intake and I should be on my way. Hopefully I'll have this done before I graduate.

So I finally got back to work on the exhaust today and I'm just not happy with it and k don't think I have the patience to do it again. Probably just gonna bite the bullet and have it done at a local shop. Can anyone reccomend a fair priced exhaust shop in sac?

Also, my flow master 40 series is huge and hangs down way bellow the frame rail. I need a shorter muffler or a small diameter tube muffler of sorts. Can anyone recommend me a small sized muffler that I could tuck up and away somewhere? Or a cheap tube style muffler? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because it will likely just get crushed by the rocks anyway. I like loud but am also looking to get some back pressure out of it seeing how I have no cat either. Recommendations?

Sounds like a cherry bomb is the way to go. I don't have experience with em, someone else will have to chime in on that. Dunno about the backpressure you'd get from running just the muffler. Do you have an issue with too much flow?

So I finally got back to work on the exhaust today and I'm just not happy with it and k don't think I have the patience to do it again. Probably just gonna bite the bullet and have it done at a local shop. Can anyone reccomend a fair priced exhaust shop in sac?

Also, my flow master 40 series is huge and hangs down way bellow the frame rail. I need a shorter muffler or a small diameter tube muffler of sorts. Can anyone recommend me a small sized muffler that I could tuck up and away somewhere? Or a cheap tube style muffler? I don't want to spend a lot of money on it because it will likely just get crushed by the rocks anyway. I like loud but am also looking to get some back pressure out of it seeing how I have no cat either. Recommendations?

http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-104...1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage

Thats the muffler i ran its 25.1 x 4.6 x 4.5 inches and sounds good..

Thanks for the links guys. I'll get back to the muffler stuff later. I just ran it straight piped for now.

I got the jeep back on the road on Friday and have put a few miles on it. The front end dives now, and it feels very stable and not excessive. I'll rock it where it's at for now.

Got an itch and flexed it out in the driveway.

I've been tieing up a lot of odds and ends around the jeep and making some small adjustments. Put a new fuel pump and fuel vents in, painted my gas tank skid to get rid of the red, repainted the steering, pushed the front end forward another half inch, and a few other things. In the mean time I got a new front clip for it and also finished up my new bumper.

I'm headed to Fordyce this weekend to test the jeep out. Is anyone interested in coming along?

Last edited:
I'm in!!!

Oh... Wait... I don't have an engine.

Rig is looking great. What size tires you running now ?

Thanks dudes!

John they're 33s. They look huge in the picture. Must be the angle haha

And Lou, I have a bro bar I'm gonna throw on there. Gotta have light! We all know how bad just the stock head lights are lol

So I made it to Fordyce Friday night. It was a blast. We wheeled in to the first crossing and set up camp at like 4:00 in the morning. It was super windy. Windy enough to break my friends tent. But aside from that it was great. The river was flowing like crazy and there was some snow in the shady areas here and there.

Before the trip I built a flat belly skid plate. I'm very stoked with how it turned out. It's plated with 1/8" steel but I'll either be adding bracing behind it or skinning it with UHMW. Didn't hit it once while out there at Fordyce. I dig it.

The 3-link performed amazing. I'm very very happy with how it came out. I beat on it pretty hard and had zero issues with it. I do have some weird clunking coming from the front end though. Feels/sounds like it's steering related. Possibly box related. I'll dig into it more later this week.

I also had an electrical fire before we left. My buddy was wiring in my switches for my compressor and air locker (I removed my center console so when we put it back in I had him hook them up) and after we cycled the compressor a few times he hit the switch again and it shorted out and the wires went up in smoke. Melted all the coating off of like 3 feet of wires. No idea what happened but I ran the jeep open open all weekend.

Anyways. On to the pics.

My buddy in The Chop Shops 4 door JK on 37s

I've got the bug again. Can't wait to go again.

Did you hit the tree of death?

Back