• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My gf claims she saw an xj like this(4 rear wheels)in MA this week,anyone know of it?

JrTxJ

NAXJA Forum User
this picture is from xjdb.com and used to show what she says she saw so it is not the actual vehicle. i haven't seen one like this before in person...is it anyone on this board or a friend of a friend?

new_60_57_full253.jpg.html

if it doesn't work, http://www.xjdb.com/gallery/v/outtakes/new_60_57_full253.jpg.html

is something like that an axle from a tow truck or something? interesting...

Re: My gf claims she saw an xj like this(4 rear wheels)in MA this week,anyone know of it?

the picture doesnt look like MA, but i had that idea before, thought it would be cool, not that i would Actually do it..
No clue who it is, i dont think its anyones on this board, could be mistaken, looks like its out west somewhere

Edit:
looks like a Washington plate now that i look at it...

Last edited:
Re: My gf claims she saw an xj like this(4 rear wheels)in MA this week,anyone know of it?

JrTxJ said:
this picture is from xjdb.com and used to show what she says she saw so it is not the actual vehicle.

not familiar with anything like that around here.. unique enough that it would stand out. where did she say she saw it?

if its in new england it will be at the Great american Jeep Rally next weekend for sure.

o i fogot about the Rally, so much for seein anyone at englishtown for the swap meet on sat or sun.

Was it an XJ with dualies or an MJ? MJs were supposedly available (but extremely rare) with dualies. I've only ever seen one for sale, but I can't seem to find the pics of it now...

O hahaha, i didnt read where he said its not the actual rig, but im guessing its an xj other wise he would have said MJ or Comanche or even if he didnt know the name he would have said jeep pick up

It wouldn't be that hard to do. JC Whitney sells kits to make your axle a dualie, or anyone of the companies that sells spacers make the kits.

Interesting looking, but terrible on articulation I would think.

dsgray16 said:
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The truck was for sale on ebay or something and had pics. It had dualies in the pics, but the flares that covered it looked like the generic aftermarket ones. It listed it as having the dualies because of the Metric Tonne package, but I've never heard of that having dualies. That package was just heavy duty springs, D44 rear axle, and better wheels I think? I think someone had just tossed a dualy kit on the D44. Looked fugly anyway...

it was on rt 24 south, silver, with mass tags.

well let us hope that he goes to the great american jeep rally so that we can all flame him for puttinga dualy kit on a jeep :)

dsgray16 said:
well let us hope that he goes to the great american jeep rally so that we can all flame him for puttinga dualy kit on a jeep :)

Why would you flame him for putting a dualie kit on a Jeep, I can think of more than one model that came with Dualies. Not the XJ or MJ, but some others.

Trailbst said:
Why would you flame him for putting a dualie kit on a Jeep, I can think of more than one model that came with Dualies. Not the XJ or MJ, but some others.

exactly

so why are you arguing with me

this is about putting a dualy kit on an XJ :twak:

you dont think its washington? i see the little mountains and can almost make out the little black registration box in the upper right hand corner... there is also the 3 on the left and 3 on the right number justification...

could be that the red "Washington" isnt visible light in the cameras eye

or were you just playing devils advocate? heh

Back