• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first XJ :)

Motorvated

NAXJA Forum User
Well...Got my first xj yesterday :) 98 black 4 door, fully loaded. 4.0,automatic. I love it so far! Its bone stock, but not for long. Heres a few quik pictures of it.

MYXJ2.jpg

MYXJ1.jpg

MXXJ3.jpg

heres one of the old TJ. Locked front and rear,4:88s and 34 inch LTBs. Went anwhere I oculd ever imagine going.
IMG_0034.jpg

Thank you...I have plans for lockers front and rear, 33s,bumpers/slider/winch,safari basket,snorkel. really making a nice DD, but something that will go anywhere offroad I need to go...and something thats awsome for camping.

rocklandxjer said:
then i hope you are going selectable with your lockers...

FYI mine is a DD with lockers front and rear and while a selectable would be nice by no means is it necasary.

Welcome to the XJ side :yelclap:

Just helps when you don't feel like buying new tires every season do to funny or accelorated wear due to the wheels being locked all the time. Mine wear really quickly, much faster than my friends who are still running open diffs.

You're Jeep looks a lot like mine when I bought it.. then I lifted it, got bit by the bug, and went crazy. Now its sitting in my driveway without an engine because I hydra-locked it, in 4 feet of water. Ordering a new Golen 4.6L in the meantime.

001.jpg

Those were the good ole days, but well-- I have so many plans for this thing its disqusting.

Looks great man...congrats!

I'll be going selectable in the front...but the rear is getting a full detroit. Ive driven with one for over a year now in the TJ, and its just something you have to get used to. As long as you keep the tire pressure the same, its not a big deal. I'll post pictures as I go :)

Meeks said:
Hehhe.. I remember everyone telling me my Jeep would turn into a money pit, but I never belived them. My god, is it ever the truth.

Tell me about it. Took me two years to catch the lift bug, got the lift on saturday and got death wobble from absolute hell (i'm still finding change that was thrown about the cabin). I ordered the pieces today (TRE's....ball joints...all that crap) and am hopefully getting a HD stabilizer tomorrow.....hopefully in the long run it will be worth it....as i'm tired of not being able to go above 45mph (and i'm sure the people behind me are tired of it too :D )

took me a week to catch the lift bug, and 5 thousand dollars later i need a new clutch
f**k prioritizing hahaha
you'll love the xj, i had a yj for awhile. i would never go back to a 2 door

rocklandxjer said:
then i hope you are going selectable with your lockers...
since you know so much about lockers.
I DD mine with detroits, i love it even with a 5 spd.

Nice Jeep Man, 98 is an awesome year to have. HP30, no chance of a 0331.
My next XJ will be a low mile 98.

Back