• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first Jeep/my newest money pit!

revmaynard

NAXJA Forum User
I picked this up today, I can't wait to get to work!

Rundown:

1992 Laredo
-4.0L/auto
4x4
HP Dana30/Chrysler 8.25
Tow Package
Hit 235k on the body today but has 80k on the '95 engine.

Needs:

Driver tail light.
Passenger door hinge tack welded.
Radio.
Misc. hardware for the dash/interior.
Brakes.

The tires that were on it were practically slicks and were puny 205/60/15s and I got some 255/70/15s mounted and balanced for $130. The wheels weren't balanced originally and after I got that taken care of it drove straight as an arrow.

On to pictures!

IMG_5015.jpg

IMG_5016.jpg

IMG_5020.jpg

IMG_5025.jpg

IMG_5026.jpg

IMG_5027.jpg

9eb527f6.jpg

bc914914.jpg

170a6446.jpg

I hope to have some updates soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome, nice rides too...

I live less than a 1/2 mile from the Oreilly's you posted those pics from. Bring it over to my place and we will throw it on the lift to check out the bottom side...

Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

IMG_20110630_205053.jpg

Haha awesome! I wonder how I've never seen your XJ! I've lived in this area my entire life. I may just take you up on that proposal if I don't get the chance to throw it on the lift at work. Either way it'd be nice to get together and shoot the shit for a bit!

Yep, that works. I dont drive her much, but she gets out every now and then. Looks a little different now though. Kinda hard to miss... :) Shoot me a PM when you want to come over.

IMG_20120227_145500.jpg

Sweet! GL with it!

Installed a Rugged Ridge intake and throttle body spacer, they aren't really made to work together in the sense the isolator won't meet the head shield. But I finagled it to work. Sounds great and the throttle response is noticeably better!

a5dc6b27.jpg

e60576c6.jpg

489c1dfe.jpg

I appreciate the thought though! I'll go to the JY this weekend and grab one.

Installed some Rugged Ridge vent shades. Also put in two new hatch struts (only had one worn one) and a double cup holder. Must haves! A great deal on the front half of a lift fell in my lap, so it looks like I'll be looking into some leafs for the rear soon. Also picking up a set of 5 d-window wheels with some worn 31's for the low. Hope to have more later!

caef9379.jpg

b71d8ded.jpg

d3b63f53.jpg

neato. i love those cup holders! after having them in a couple of jeeps, i'd feel naked without them. i don't always keep a drink in mine, but it is a good spot to keep extra screws and whatnot, and yeah, if i have a drink, it's nice to have a place to stick it.
by the way, i like the mercedes in the background! is it yours too? diesel?

Nice! I had a convertible e30 as my first dd! I plan on taking the wagon lower. I have new wheels on order and some suspension goodies to throw in and then the final step is a custom diamond plate skid.

True! :)

Well today at lunch the Jeep wouldn't crank. Came back to jump it with a buddies car and after letting it charge for about 6 minutes and then pulling the cables it just shuts off. Right now I'm charging the battery on a slow charge to see if that's the problem (the battery seems a little small for it) and I'm also going to test it with a good battery from one of our JK's at work to see if that'll keep it cranked. I don't think its the alternator because I was having some delayed starting but once it cranked it would run perfectly fine, so hopefully it just wasn't providing enough cranking amps.

The verdict is the alternator. Even with a fully charged battery it'll crank but won't stay running if you pull the connector off of the terminal. Also, the connector for the positive terminal is completely trashed where it was over tightened and snapped one of the ears slightly. So I'm going to park it until Saturday and take care of it when I know I'll have the light to dig into it since I get home right before dark now. haha

I got them at work, I work for Omix-ADA/Rugged Ridge. They can be special ordered through any Oreilys or soon from any Advanced Auto.

Man does everyone from IA work for Omix. Haha. I have been talking to Paul and Guy about some about Jeeps. I see you still got the Wagovan. I miss all my old EF's.

By the way I am Charles that used to own Main Stream Performance (hence MSPi)

Welcome to the jeep club. I gets addicting.

Back