• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My first 4x4

Had a blast up at niagra rim today.
Went up sidewall suicide on both sides
image-17.jpg

Then decided to come down a pretty steep line. Fealt like I was standing on my petals.
image-18.jpg

Well two of the guys decided to try to take out this one tree on our way up "no way out hill".
And well three more of parked at "sidewall suicide", lions butt ,and the rock pile.
image-19.jpg

image-20.jpg

image-21.jpg

Ok here is a little update. I replaced my front bumper with one made from some 4x4
image-22.jpg

Along with that I have installed rubicon express leaf clamps to the front side of my s10 bastard pack along with rubicon express 4degree shims.
I also got my buddy Chris' old stock rear bumper with tire carrier( now I just need to get a matching spare)
Then we made a rear diff cover guard.
Next things to do is mini boatsides and rear bumper

I like your build man!! Don't skimp on the diff covers. Like many parts. Buy it once! lol My first "break" was the front diff. After that it was busting the rear DS double cardan. You'll slowly learn I just wanna throw you opinions and options! Spares to always have wheeling should include: Tire, front shafts(pending d35 I suppose and spare front XJ ds (pending if you have sye).I bought both Riddler covers for my 8.25 and d30 and havent second guessed it.. banged into my front 100 times. If were to recommend another it would be RuffStuff's!

On the mini boatsides definitely do it. Wish I had in the first place. And know my plot is to do it over again.

Haven't updated this thread in a long while. So I had installed some new 31's then moved to kansas and back. Now that I'm back I've been slowly building her up for this season. I have now gone up to 35s and to fix the rear bumpstop setup I bought and installed some bump stop plates. I also ordered and should have Friday my long arm setup from IRO. Also got some 4.5" coils for replacing my coil/spacer setup. Next will be updates with pics

Ok so the cherokee is still just sitting waiting for the adapter plate for puegoet/ax5 trans to the iro x member. Here's a pic of how it's sitting now
image_5.jpg

So I picked up my first mj yesterday. It's a 2wd 87 4.0 puegoet d35. This is going to stay 2wd but may get the 4.10 d35 out of the cherokee....

Got my 4.5" coils installed
image_6.jpg

Got my adapter plate from iro after some pure shit customer service.
I called in my order to IRO and when asked if I had the puegoet trans. I replied no I have an ax5 . They sent me a kit minus adapter. I called the Monday after recovering my kit and was told to send pictures of my trans to prove it wasn't the puegoet. I did then called back at the end of the day after getting no call back. This time I spoke with josh who says he will have the adapter plate they made for the puegoet trans shipped out Tuesday and that is recieve shipping info thru my email. A week went by and I had recieved nothing so I called back to inquire. I was told they would have to check the next day with josh because he was gone for the day. I talk to them the next morning and was told it never got shipped. Sorry I'll two day it to you..........
So now my long arm setup is installed but in my haste I forgot to cut off the old lower arm brackets. I have verry little clearance on my transfer case
image_7.jpg

image_8.jpg

image_9.jpg

image_10.jpg

Also picked up some sliders. Bolted them to the pinch seem then welded to the frame
image_11.jpg

I didn't cut the stock control arm hangers either. It ended up rubbing slightly. I cut about 75% of it off leaving the hard to remove portion of spot welds.

So the clearance for the transfer case isn't enough. Anyone know how much of the transfer case I can grind down? I'll also be grinding down the x member. I need to adjust my caster bad. It was fine at 25 but going 40 the jeep got squirly.

Got the caster dialed in and found a May have a couple bad ball joints. Got the transfer case clearance now it's not hitting at all. Found that my transfer case is leaking out the front axle seal and where it meets the trans. Also while under it after test driving it I realize my motor is over due on an overhaul. I had about half a court of oil come out from my bell housing. So now to decide do I stay with the 2.5 and do a quick rebuild and get a re manned head and replace transfer care seals, or do I do an ho 4.0 swap with ax15 and np231 ? Well I'll have time to think it over. My plan is to next get an 8.8 under the rear to swap my xj 4.1 ota d35 into my mj. Then I will be focusing on my mj for a little while.

Got it leveled out when loaded down by installing the rough country shackle relocators.
image_16.jpg

How's my shackle angle.? Should I leave it where it's at or bring it one more spot towards to rear of the xj?

45* is optimal. You should be good

So since it's going to be a few months til I gather the rest of the parts im planning to swap( OTK steering and double sheer track bar) I started removing parts for the mj ( re track bar). She looks so sad having the stockers off the mj on it.
image_18.jpg

Back