• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MY D30, is it HI-pinion or LOW or Normal?

OK so the million dollar question.....whats better high pinion or low pinion and why?
I have a LP in my 99 TJ, I had a LP from my 96 XJ I was gonna swap in, but didn't have storage space so I just got rid of the XJ HP.

96xjeeper said:
OK so the million dollar question.....whats better high pinion or low pinion and why?
I have a LP in my 99 TJ, I had a LP from my 96 XJ I was gonna swap in, but didn't have storage space so I just got rid of the XJ HP.
it front applications high is better and rear axle applications low is better. (strenth wise)

aroncull said:
OK so i jhust went out and looked underneath and it appears that i have a NORMAL pinion!
dead on not above the axle or below.. or well matter of fact i dont even have a front driveshaft...
uh oh!!!! :wierd:

anywyas guys thatnhks for the noob thread help LOL

aaron :kissyou: :gag:

Did you read any of the other posts. You were given an awnser earlier. You don't have a normal (i've actaully never heard of a normal pinion but it may exist)

ECKSJAY said:
You need a D35 front swap with Ford 8.8 disks.

I had IRS but it kept taking my money.
I'm still trying to find a D35 to swap in the front, but I want drum brakes on a non-steering axle. For the rear, I'm still holding out for the elusive steerable metric Dana 40...

Beej said:
I'm still trying to find a D35 to swap in the front, but I want drum brakes on a non-steering axle. For the rear, I'm still holding out for the elusive steerable metric Dana 40...

91 Honda Civic. Most were biult with at least one at each end.

Beej said:

Just make sure you find the one with the portal boxes too! Oh, and the NORMAL pinion is by far the strongest. friggin n00bs... hasta

Back