• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My Buddy Died In Iraq Yesterday....

GhostDakota

NAXJA Forum User
So I have never really lost a friend before, ... this is a first. *knock on wood* ... He got killed while fighting with the US Army in Iraq:

682607166_l.jpg

682607284_l.jpg

292442298_l.jpg

682604898_l.jpg

I went to school with this kid, had known him since I was like 4 years old. He was a fellow firefighter with me at the same company for the 6 years I was there. We'd always joke around with him at the Station and he just took it in stride. He was a great kid.. err.. man. I feel so bad for his family. I'll post the story if they do one in the local news.. just kind of gives me a real sick feeling in my stomach. This war is rediculous. He was 23 years old!

he joins every other hero who served and died for his country. i lost a friend some years ago, who died suddenly and too soon. i know how you feel, and if you were real close, it will be awhile to get over it. you honor him by telling his story. my condolences to you and his family.

hey man, so sorry to hear about this tragedy of your friend. its a shame. so many people , so young dying for their country before they even really get to experience all that life has to offer.

i agree with you that this war is ridiculous and still not one ounce of proof or reason has been found to justify our occupation in iraq.

the only thing that has been proven is that war does have the ability to kill just about anyone.

im no tree hugging hippy ass flip flop wearing fool but i hope someday there will be ways to resolve issues by means other than war. as humans we are just so destructive by nature.

the view of americans will never be the same in the face of the world after all this is said and done.

condolences to you.

Funny how short people's memories are. How long have we been there? Three years? Four? Do you know how many people we lost in WW2 or Vietnam by this time? Do you realize we have more people die in this country by murder every year then we have lost over there?

War is war...It sucks bad but it's human nature...you will never get rid of it. This war isn't any more ridiculous then any other. It should have been managed different sure but we should be grateful it has only been as many as it has.

Still my words or any others do not make death of a loved on any easier to take. It sucks no matter how they died.

POSXJGuy said:
hey man, so sorry to hear about this tragedy of your friend. its a shame. so many people , so young dying for their country before they even really get to experience all that life has to offer.

i agree with you that this war is ridiculous and still not one ounce of proof or reason has been found to justify our occupation in iraq.

the only thing that has been proven is that war does have the ability to kill just about anyone.

im no tree hugging hippy ass flip flop wearing fool but i hope someday there will be ways to resolve issues by means other than war. as humans we are just so destructive by nature.

the view of americans will never be the same in the face of the world after all this is said and done.

condolences to you.

"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

That said, my sincere condolences on your loss. Remember, it is possible to support the people fighting the war (most of them don't have a choice...) without actively supporting the war proper. I do not support this "war" - but I will always support the people "over there."

5-90

5-90 said:
"War doesn't determine who's right. War determines who's left."

That said, my sincere condolences on your loss. Remember, it is possible to support the people fighting the war (most of them don't have a choice...) without actively supporting the war proper. I do not support this "war" - but I will always support the people "over there."

5-90

Thanks to everyone. I really appreciate it. Also, I agree with you 5-90. I do not support the war, but I support the troops who are fighting in the war.

sorry for your's and his families loss. i do thank everyone that is and has been to any war/conflict for this country defending what ever they felt was right and following orders even if they didnt feel it was right. i cant say i know your pain but i can say that im sorry for the loss.

Condolences from my family to you and to his family as well. I lost two really close friends in my tour. It's not easy.

My condolences. My brother is at Camp Sikes and I'm leaving for an undisclosed location myself. Remember him for who he was, thats all we can ask for. His name is forever written in the hallowed pages of those who fought and died for those of us who remain.

The local news station just covered his story. Had an interview with his father Gary and the local FD.

Didnt realize he was local to me. If there is a benefit organized please let me know.

Thanks again everyone. It's very much appreciated.

John B said:
The local news station just covered his story. Had an interview with his father Gary and the local FD.

Didnt realize he was local to me. If there is a benefit organized please let me know.

What news station was it? WPVI (ABC 6), NCB 10, Fox 29, WB 17, KYW 3?

Back