• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My buddy bought my Cherokee

Darrick Cato

NAXJA Forum User
and I bought a full size Jeep Cherokee, well my buddy wrecked it last night, a truck was over in his lane and he swerved and then over corrected, flipped it, and rolled it twice. It's screwed right now!! What I want to know is do you think the engine, tranmission and other stuff, will still be good, maybe I can chop the top, I don't have any pictures or anything, what do you guys think.

Darrick Cato said:
and I bought a full size Jeep Cherokee, well my buddy wrecked it last night, a truck was over in his lane and he swerved and then over corrected, flipped it, and rolled it twice. It's screwed right now!! What I want to know is do you think the engine, tranmission and other stuff, will still be good, maybe I can chop the top, I don't have any pictures or anything, what do you guys think.

The engine, tranmission and other stuff, will still be good, but you can't just chop the top.
The top is part of the uni-body system and is needed, you would have to make a pipe frame system to replace the support.

Well I meant you know is there something I can do as far as roll bars or something. I think it can be pounded back up, and then put that roll bar kit in it.

Darrick Cato said:
Well I meant you know is there something I can do as far as roll bars or something. I think it can be pounded back up, and then put that roll bar kit in it.
I don't think theres a "Kit" it's all custom work.
Find one for cheap thats not running and use the good stuff from the wreck.

Last edited:
Darrick Cato said:

You're already thinkin about sellin parts off the Jeep you used to own?

Do you even care about your "buddy"?

LOL, he was my first concern but he only had a bump on his head, he is fine but he is bummed out. I have seen a roll bar kit in quadrtec magazine for $1000, and it had ad on's for even more dough.

By the way what year model are you asking about?
$200-400 should get you a non-running XJ with a good body.
Your Buddy could even come out ahead selling the parts He don't need.

Back