• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My '96 progress thread

x2! Was great to see you but I really wish we could have done some wheeling together! I've got what you need just no desire to cut them out right now...... text me later this week.

You as well my friend. I'm sure we'll be wheeling somewhere again soon enough. I'll hit you up about the mounts later on.
Thanks!

Been scratching my head trying to figure out my braking issue. At first I attributed it to a loss of vacuum at the booster, but noticed something else after I really started to pay attention to the failure cycle. I occasionally loose all brake pressure for the first pump, then after that all is good. It's scared the crap out of me several times, and it was especially bad at Harlan. It got so bad on White Tail I told my wife to get out and walk. I didn't want to hurt her if something went bad going up that trail. I swapped out the master cylinder a while back and saw a limited amount of improvement for a short while, but with the summer heat it just got worse. After thinking it over, I decided to flush the system and man, I'm thinking I found the issue lol.

I'd say that fluid hadn't been changed in quite some time and was probably boiling with the high underhood temps. At least that's what I'm hoping!

No real updates this go round. Went to the NAXJA Fall Flog last weekend and had a great time. Camping was a bit cold but the warm shower in the Arrowhead Campground bath house was certainly nice. Thankfully the wheeling was dry with no mud in sight. The last time I'd been to Uwharrie was at least a decade ago and it was a muddy mess.

The whole day I had no brake issues at all so I was feeling confident that it was finally resolved. That was until I got to the bottom of Daniel and was turning around to make the run back up. Brake pedal to the floor again :doh: It only happened once, and again it seemed to happen at low vacuum, just off the throttle and stab the brake pedal. It's a bit unnerving but at least this time I was heading forward into a cliff wall instead of backing up toward a drop off lol. And wouldn't you know it....it was the ONLY time all day I had a passenger with me :scared:

Only Glenn and I made the run down and back up Daniel. The biggest and one of the smallest rigs in our group. I was kind of proud of the old beater :loveu: She walked right up the hard line without as much as a hiccup. Trailering to and from the trails definitely has its own set of issues, but it sure does take away a lot of stress while on the trails so I can push it a lot harder than I normally would if it was my only means of returning home! Here we are back at the top. I don't recall who took the pic, but thanks!

Only other shot I have saved from the ride. Anyone know where this was taken? Thanks again to whomever took the pics!

Had a bit of trouble with some things coming home, but none were XJ related. Wednesday I saw Will (94XJsport) post up on Facebook about the Pit Bull Tires election results special...so I jumped on that deal. A new set of 35x12.50 Rockers should be on their way! Now I have to decide what to do to fit them on my sagged out suspension lol

No real updates this go round. Went to the NAXJA Fall Flog last weekend and had a great time. Camping was a bit cold but the warm shower in the Arrowhead Campground bath house was certainly nice. Thankfully the wheeling was dry with no mud in sight. The last time I'd been to Uwharrie was at least a decade ago and it was a muddy mess.

The whole day I had no brake issues at all so I was feeling confident that it was finally resolved. That was until I got to the bottom of Daniel and was turning around to make the run back up. Brake pedal to the floor again :doh: It only happened once, and again it seemed to happen at low vacuum, just off the throttle and stab the brake pedal. It's a bit unnerving but at least this time I was heading forward into a cliff wall instead of backing up toward a drop off lol. And wouldn't you know it....it was the ONLY time all day I had a passenger with me :scared:

Only Glenn and I made the run down and back up Daniel. The biggest and one of the smallest rigs in our group. I was kind of proud of the old beater :loveu: She walked right up the hard line without as much as a hiccup. Trailering to and from the trails definitely has its own set of issues, but it sure does take away a lot of stress while on the trails so I can push it a lot harder than I normally would if it was my only means of returning home! Here we are back at the top. I don't recall who took the pic, but thanks!

Only other shot I have saved from the ride. Anyone know where this was taken? Thanks again to whomever took the pics!

Had a bit of trouble with some things coming home, but none were XJ related. Wednesday I saw Will (94XJsport) post up on Facebook about the Pit Bull Tires election results special...so I jumped on that deal. A new set of 35x12.50 Rockers should be on their way! Now I have to decide what to do to fit them on my sagged out suspension lol

Looks like Rocky Mountain Loop. Right after the rocky hill climb where my jeep would not start.

Old girl is looking sad. I've really been thinking of parting it out, but when I have so many parts stashed away for it, it would be a shame to do so. Maybe with the upcoming warmer weather I'll be more inclined to push forward with it. I posted up a thread in mod tech asking for suspension advice. Anyone that wants to, feel free to go over there and post up opinions on it. Or here. Whatever lol :laugh3: Thread title is "At the crossroads.....time to make a decision"

Oh, so very nice. What size are they?

Get them mounted already and get back in the dirt damnit!

Welllllll.....I don't have any wheels to mount them on, and I'm pretty sure my clapped out suspension isn't gonna come anywhere close to clearing them. They won't be on the Jeep for a while. Not until I sell the Suburban at least.

Back