• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My $350 Cherokee

I swapped the TPS with one from my new parts inventory and bam. It's shifting like a dream. Now i just need to locate the page that explains using a multimeter to fine tune the adjustment of the sensor.

I'm going to make Wilky87 get his lazy ass to my house and make him put some safe tires from my stockpile on this thing.

=)
SO psyched!!!!
I'll be over to get those tires on and do something about that dead hooker smell.

There's rust under the back seat... i know that, but the rest seems pretty solid. When I find out, there will be pics.

I still think it smells like dead hooker...

Rusty dead hooker :puke:

My jeep used to smell pretty bad when it got hit by the sun and warmed up. Turned out it was all coming from a bunch of hair (dog?) under the console. I ripped it all out when changing transmissions and since then, absolutely no more smell.

I even tore out the back carpet and replaced it with Herculiner before hand which didn't change the smell.

I just went and drove it for the first time with it shifting out of first gear. Drives great. Just have to do a few more things and it seems like a solid truck. I might be removing the carpet tomorrow. Hopefully I'm not greeted with anything too nasty.

AWESOME price! if it shifts, the computer or solenoid/valve body are screwed up. If it doesn't, it's clutches/gears/fluid/other transmission voodoo. If you're not afraid of swapping a tranny you can usually pick one up for like $100-200 at a scrapyard (my local yard wants $120, or $220 if I have them pull it), AW4s are pretty tough to kill so if you find a fairly low mileage one just go for it.

I'd fix that door hinge BEFORE it breaks off all the way, someone here wrote an awesome thread on it. Searching for "door hinge plate" or something like that should find it, I forget who it was. Also, check your coil perch more carefully... mine nearly disintegrated when I pushed on it with a bottle jack while installing my lift, a whole lot of rust chunks fell off and it ended up about 1/8" thick. Since my welder is fairly weak I'm looking for a d30 for cheap in the scrapyards around here presently, going to just swap one in.

pm'd you

Nice find and glad to hear you're getting some of the bugs worked out. I noticed that you and rag are from NJ...whereabouts? I just picked up an '01 XJ for $400 with a spun rod bearing. Got it up and running a couple weeks ago and have been racking up the mileage ever since.

I'm in the Princeton area, by the way.

Nice find and glad to hear you're getting some of the bugs worked out. I noticed that you and rag are from NJ...whereabouts? I just picked up an '01 XJ for $400 with a spun rod bearing. Got it up and running a couple weeks ago and have been racking up the mileage ever since.

I'm in the Princeton area, by the way.

Wilky, Crimsondragon and I are all from the Piscataway area. I work right up the street from Princeton in North Brunswick.

Here it is after a quick wash.

003-2.jpg

002-1.jpg

004-1.jpg

001-2.jpg

Gonna get that bitch dirty this weekend. :D

Back