• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My 1st build (hunting rig/DD)

Well after 3 long days I got the lift finished today. Other than the front brake lines and cutting the old lca mounts off. The rear brake line already had a extended stainless line and I relocated the front brackets to make it drivable I just can't be flexing my suspension out until I change them. I still need to take it and get an allignment but it drives really well other than the steering wheel not being straight. All in all I think the part that went the best was the hack-n-tap. Very straight forward and if you use new sharp drill bits it will drill very easily. I was dreading this because there has been some reports on here about having to split the transfer case and take the output shaft to a machine shop but definetly not the case for me. Took probly 1.5 hrs start to finish. Well worth the money.
Still more to come as money permits.

4e98e17b.jpg

f235a72b.jpg

51cbff03.jpg

a7762e6f.jpg

Well I did some final touches on the jeep today. I did the front brake lines, cut off the lca mounts and did the front end alignment (thanks whitexj98).
The jeep feels really solid I can't wait to get it on the trails.

Those tabs on the front bumper are for a tow bar.

Do you still have them by chance? I'll take them off your hands if you do.

Took the jeep out last weekend for the first offroad trip. I must say the jeep did excellent. We went on about 120 mile round trip and the jeep was great on the highway as well. My friend has some land near lake McClure in ca where they have cut in roads all over the 200 acres. Nothing completely crazy but some good offroading. I got some pics on my uncles camera that I'll post in a few days. All in all I'm really happy with the lift so far. I still have some vibrations above 50mph but I had them before the lift also.

Congrats! It's always nice to get out and enjoy the fruits of your labor.

balance your tires and check pinion u joints.

Just scored these for FREE!!! I know there not the greatest tires and don't have the best reviews but they were free and I'm gonna run then until I can afford to buy some new tires. These are 32x11.5 so they should look much better now that my lift is on. I'm thinking about painting the letters yellow but I'm not sure if I like it or not.

f4fcd5c5.jpg

d574bffd.jpg

Actually..... NOT TOO SHABBY MAN!
I think it looks pretty good.
And when you get new tires I think you should do the same thing. The yellow ties in nicely.

Back