• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MWC ROTM rules and whatnot

REWSTER

BACON!
NAXJA Member
We are doing a chapter Rig of the month. gathering the thoughts of the membership i have come up with a couple guidelines for us to follow.

A thread will be started within the first week of every month.

Submissions will run 5 days or until 3 entry's are made.

After the 5day/3 sub. a poll will be started and will stay open for 2 weeks. the winner will be the one with the most votes.

Submitters must be with in the MWC states. MAP

Submissions will be open for Members and users.

Submissions must have 2 photos and a description of the Rig.

All submissions must follow the "Theme" for the month.

Here in the MWC we don't discriminate on what kind of RIG you have. this is a "RIG" of the month competition not 'Cherokee" of the month.

All photos must be a viewable size, i prefer to use photo bucket as a host.

Pictures should be within a year old.

In the event that someone causes "drama" he/she will be forced to shower with REV at WF.

Remember this is not a formal NAXJA ROTM so lets have fun. if you cant stand the burn of a little Bacon grease, you shouldn't hang in the kitchen.

Last edited:
if everything here sounds OK we can get a thread going for OCT.

My opinion is that we should make it xj/mj only, after all we are a Cherokee/comanchee specific club.

Second, I think this should be a member benefit not a user right.

My opinion is that we should make it xj/mj only, after all we are a Cherokee/comanchee specific club.

my thoughts on the xj/mj thing kinda go along with what i see at WF and other trail runs. there are xj,mj,tj,yj,zj,broncos, blazers, toyotas, and minivans showing up to wheel with us. because we are an awesome group.

Edit: and i kinda have a couple plans for "special" themes. :D

couple EDITS in there now

Last edited:

WTF? We agree on something? That's it, I'm going to enter my LJ :D <j/K>

Why use Photobucket or whatever... If this is Members Only, you can upload your PIX to your own album and post the machine generated link.

So, how are the submissions going to be judged? What I think is a cool pix may not be your picture of cool, etc... Voting thread?

Speaking of clogging things up, perhaps a separate Members only sub Forum would be best for this.

Last edited:
If enough people enter, maybe once a person wins, you can't enter again for a certain amount of time or so many months?

If enough people enter, maybe once a person wins, you can't enter again for a certain amount of time or so many months?

The boards I've been on that have something similar make you wait a year to be able to enter a winning rig again. If you don't win, they usually ask you to wait a month to enter again. Also, say you own more than one vehicle, if one wins you can't enter it again till a calendar year passes, but you can enter other vehicles you own that haven't won.

For the xj/mj only thing, maybe we could have a couple themes such as tow rig, winter beater or anything but a jeep style theme? Keep the majority of ROTMs xj/mj related, but have a couple other fun things tossed in there.

Lastly, I'm on the fence about letting users enter. Let them vote, but maybe keep ROTM a members only thing as a fun incentive to join. If there's one thing I've noticed, people love entering these things. Maybe we could even have a MWC calendar with the years winner and put them up for sale if there's enough interest? Just a couple of ideas.

Personally, I'd like to see this as a member only contest, but that's probably not going to fly for very long. How about anyone for ROTM, but ROTY is limited to club members only?

If it is members only entry's i can (dare i say) easily police that by letting the users know they have to be a member to enter.

and i totally forgot about a rule for one win a year i would like to add that in

make this another benefit for becoming a member, and another benefit for already being a member. we have enough memebers to make this fly.

xj/mj only, please! if you want to post pics of your lifted camero on 44's, then go to www.thatsthedumbistthingever.com and post those pics. We are xj/mj specific, it says so in our name.

I like the idea of maybe doing a tow rig theme, but it should be towing an xj/mj.

dd of the month? okay, but have your xj/mj in the background or parked on the hood. :D

fore 'throwin out ideas' wheeler

We are doing a chapter Rig of the month. gathering the thoughts of the membership i have come up with a couple guidelines for us to follow.

A thread will be started within the first week of every month.

Submissions will run 5 days or until 3 entry's are made.

After the 5day/3 sub. a poll will be started and will stay open for 2 weeks. the winner will be the one with the most votes.

Submitters must be with in the MWC states. MAP

Submissions will be open for Members only.

Submissions must have 2 photos and a description of the Rig.

All submissions must follow the "Theme" for the month.

All submissions should be XJ/MJ based Rigs.

All photos must be a viewable size, i prefer to use photo bucket as a host.

Pictures should be within a year old.

winning Rig's can not enter twice in one year.

In the event that someone causes "drama" he/she will be forced to shower with REV at WF.

Remember this is not a formal NAXJA ROTM so lets have fun. if you cant stand the burn of a little Bacon grease, you shouldn't hang in the kitchen.

updated. lets here somemore comments

as long as we all agree on that last one about drama im happy :D

But I like the rig idea better then XJ/MJ only. That should be dictated through the theme of that month. I think it should be mostly XJ but how long until we run out of XJ only themes?

updated. lets here somemore comments

as long as we all agree on that last one about drama im happy :D

I like dem rules!

But I like the rig idea better then XJ/MJ only. That should be dictated through the theme of that month. I think it should be mostly XJ but how long until we run out of XJ only themes?

The pic only has to have an XJ/MJ in it, the themes are endless! :D

Back