• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MW guy wheeling windrock/royal blue: what trails to hit?

VAhasnoWAVES

NAXJA Forum User
whats going on SE guys?

i am heading to tennesse with a group of guys i work with over the easter weekend. our plans are to work our way through royal blue and windrock over our extended weekend. there is also a small chance that we will head to harlan on the last day (i want a date with lions den).

i was wondering if there were any trails that are a must run or we should stay away from? as a gauge, everyone should be built about as tough as i am... built 4/9", 35s, beadlocks, winch, skids, ample spares and plenty of recovery gear.

forecast calls for afternoon showers most, if not all, days. its april, so we are prepared for that. but the rain will likely make what already look like some tough trails tougher.

any suggestions?

Windrock, B11, B50 and B51. There are others but I can't remember at the moment.

I'm not familiar with Winrock but there is a lot at Harlan! You should come down for the Crawl in July!

50 and 51 were on our list. we will check out 11.

thanks for the input!

I will say 11 could be boring by comparison of 50/51. It only has 2 technicals. Its rather long as well. If your short on time, skip it. I put it on there because it can be tricky if you approach it wrong.

Depending on skill level Most fun is trail 15

Fun challenging trails are 16,22,26,27,35,41,6,4

This is a fun loop Trails 22,27,35,36,41

All the blues are pretty easy nothing major,the blacks are pretty double pretty much everything has a bypass around it. be careful some trails are ATV only so check the map. Bring lots a fuel cause you can easily end up 2 towns away from the camp site.

Back