• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler Heat Shield ?

jeepsrock

NAXJA Forum User
This past weekend, on a hilly road i noticed the Jeeps Floor Boards get really hot. The Area over the muffler had Carpet Foam stuff burning. Engine temperature was pretty good the whole time & i do have a trans cooler installed, i think i just need some sort of Muffler Heat Shield, any recommendations ?

Thanks,
Pete

I have the same issues and was told to use one of them insulated cookie sheets between the muffler and floor.

Havent done it yet to verify it works but makes sense it would.

I used an exhaust heat shield from the 1998 Grand Cherokee. It was a 2 piece unit that covers the entire floor area front to back installed between the exhaust and the floor. It was easy to install, fit is excellent and reduced the interior temperature by,.... well by A-lot.

i did the aluminum air bake cookie sheet method about 4 years ago and must say it made a huge difference and i would do that mod again. i bought a 3 pack at target for about 20 bucks and found info on how to mount it.

I ha the same problem and bought the shorter Flow Master with the diamond plate cover and moved it back under the rear seat instead of the passinger rear floor. I haven,t had any problems sense, I but the fiber heat blanket from J C Whittney before and it helped some but still you could fell the heat in the rear seat area.

Back