• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Muffler choice

codyyy

NAXJA Forum User
My Dynomax catback exhaust doesn't fit quite right. The muffler is a 2.5" muffler so that might be why. I'm thinking about buying a new muffler but don't have the funds for a really good one like the Flowmaster. What mufflers would sound better than stock but not too much money? What about a glasspack? Thanks.

Does that Cherry Bomb glasspack sound good? I could just reuse my Dynomax but I'd rather just get the right muffler instead of trying to adapt that one to fit.

go buy an adapter piece. Advance auto sells them for about 5 bucks each. Glass packs are loud and i think they sound sub par. The dynomax has a great tone and you will be much happier with it. You can always just get a dynomax superturbo series if you want to go with a whole new setup, they sound great.

Another option is to use the new muffler thrush has out. It is a rip off of a flowmaster, fully welded and all. A buddy just threw one on his grand and they sound great.

What muffler is the one Thrush has? I was thinking about going with that, I just want something to sound kinda like my Dynomax or even a Flowmaster 40 at the most.

there are two, one is still the crappy old style, but they just came out with a new fully welded flowmaster style one. They are on sale this month at advance auto like 10 bucks off or something.

Save up and get a spintech pro street series. Slighty more $$$ but way worth it. Makes your jeep sound throaty and nasty at all RPM

codyyy said:
Anybody use a Flowpro muffler? I was suggested one, apparently its a Flowmaster 40 knockoff.

Heard of them, but would rather give my money to the company that actually designed the muffler than somebody who jumped on the band wagon aftger the patent ran out.

got a dynomax thrush 2 chamber on my 5.0 F150, got it for 30+shipping from summit, sounds good, but not as good as a flowmaster, and the quality isnt as great as a flowmaster either, good muffler for the price, but i still like flowmasters better

Go to Oreallys and get one of their Afterburner mufflers. Good beefy. Same thing as a flomaster 40 at 1/2 the price. Will still need an adapter though. The mufflers is a bit shorter than oem.

I've got the Cherrybomb one that came with the Rusty's kit. A nice, sporty rumble at idle, and quieter on the freeway... but it sounds money at about ~3500-4000RPM ;)

Back