• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

MTR Kevlars Siping

jonesinxj

NAXJA Forum User
Ive tried searching and have not found anything.

I am getting these tires in a couple weeks and at this time I am wanting to know if anyone has done any additional siping to the new MTR's.

I have this done on my old MTR's on the center blocks only and it has made a world of difference.

What are your opinions. Should I do this or not?

I also had an old set of mtr's and now run a set of Kevlars. They have vastly in-proved that tire in my opinion. I would put them on and try them as is be for you sipe them i don't feel that is necessary. I have alot better wet and winter traction than with the old style mtr's

try em out first and see what you think. i would just sipe the tires if they dont hold up to what you are looking for. the kevlars are far superior to the old MTR's

It would probably have a beneficial effect much like before...assuming a good design was used.

Thanks guys for the reply's. I know these tires are bada$$ to say the least, but I was just seeing if anyone has done this and if it made them even better.

Scott, Im thinking I'm going to stay at 33's but its sooooo tempting to go to 35's, but that would include gearing, more lift, etc, etc....

Been there, done that.........don't do it. Way too much chunking on the trail after siping, it was a mistake.

Back