• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

moving to Houston from alaska here soon

manuelxj

NAXJA Forum User
well it looks as though i migh tbe moving from alaska down to Houston..here in about a year and just wanted to know what kinda wheeling to expect?????

also wanting to get to know a few people down there so when i move i wont be so alone lol....thanks for any info and help guy..

really im also not scared to dint the rig lol plus i am willing to drive a few hours what should i look for ..im gona be geting new tires in two months and was gona get bogger s but since im moving there what kinda tires you recomend?????

If you don't mind driving several hours, Clayton, Ok. has great difficult trails with BIG rocks.
I wheel MTRs for everything I do (rocks), but lots of guys that I wheel with, run some sort of Swamper/Bogger combo.

Don't know about down south, but those are crap here.
Not deep enough tread and they just don't seem to be very useful around here.
Seem to be a good streety mud tire, though.

yea so most the stuff there is rocks and mud?????probly end up geting some tsl sx's im gona be on 38"tires so yeajust ned to figure out what would fit best down around that part for wheeling....up here the onl thing beter the bogers is ag tires lol...

Sounds good to me.
Mind you, I've never wheeled south of Okla. and don't know what the terrain is like down there in southwest Texass, but it's hard to go wrong with a swamper.

very true well when i make it down there i hope to wheel with you some time might have to make a trip outta it lol also am planing a motor swap after a few months of being there as in 2.5 to 4.6 stroker......should be fun lol thanks for the info ...so is there any one in texas on here lol

Okie Terry said:
but it's hard to go wrong with a swamper.

unless you need to drive on the street... ever....

Hey man welcome to Houston. I live about twenty minutes south and work in Galveston. I hear there are some places in east texas (couple of hours away) to play in the red clay and hills, but plan on driving long long distances to get anywhere cool. about 11 hours to big bend. hill country is scenic, but all private land down here. No BLM, etc. Brace yourself for the humidity.

Okie Terry said:
Sounds good to me.
Mind you, I've never wheeled south of Okla. and don't know what the terrain is like down there in southwest Texass, but it's hard to go wrong with a swamper.
Oops, I meant Southeast....

Back